Lumia 920 turning off by itself and not responding?

ipeefreeli

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I've only had the phone since Saturday and I've had this problem twice, both after a long day of usage.

The first time I left it to go do something, came back and it was off, screen off and the power button wouldn't work. Had to hold down the volume down button and the power button to turn it back on, except it only worked after 2 or 3 tries.

The second time was Sunday night, again after about 12 hours of usage, except this time, when I went to unlock it after leaving it, it showed me a screen that just said "Resuming..." and remained on this screen for about 5 minutes. After trying to get it to go away, I put the phone away hoping it would fix itself, but I pulled it back out to check on it again, and same problem as the first time. Had to wait a few minutes before doing the reset again.

I can't figure out why it's doing this. I've uninstalled the common apps that people are having problems with. I have install a lot of apps throughout the day, and when I have this problem, it tends to be when I have more than a few apps running. Could it be a memory issue? Is it worth exchanging the phone over?

My one issue with exchanging the phone is I'd need to pay to unlock it again, since I bought it from Rogers in Canada.

Ramsdenm

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up one of these for my daughter on Friday from Rogers, and hers did the same thing today. Only took one reset to bring it back though. Hope it's not a batch problem.

I have two others we picked up 3 weeks ago, haven't had any trouble with them.

Really liking this phone. My wife and I came to them after Blackberrys, my daughter from an iPhone 4. So far, very pleased, obviously, since we bought 3 of them!

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
This seems to be a known issue with the 920s right now. Hopefully the update that's supposed to be out any day will fix it.

vproyale

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Faced the same issue 920 suddenly switched off while using & won't turn on again. Boots up only with a charger but unable to use it & won't hold charge. Tried soft & hard reset both. The thing just keeps restarting when i try to reset it. Took it to the care centre where the exec told me the phone's software has failed & its become a hardware issue now. So gutted right now because it got spoilt for no fault of mine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3