Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Been using a Lumia 920 for a month without any hick ups until last week when my phone started to overheat. Checked if there were any background apps running, did not have any. The overheating started when I was using the Nokia Maps (ie., any format of High graphical usage with processing usage) the phone started to overheat.

Was wondering if there's any new Updates or fixes for this issue or its just a hardware issue for which I need to get my handset replaced.

Please suggest

Kind Regards
    Sathish

Overheating usually means the battery is discharging very quickly. Since you've been using Nokia Maps with 3D features, it does not surprise me.

i experienced the same issue, but while having my lumia charging via usb at my laptop and just writing some kik messages.

i didn't realise it at first because it was lying on the table all the time, but in the end it was glowing!

never had that kind of problem before, very strange.

p.s.: of course the battery drained very hard in that scenario, about 60% in 30min, but even more strange that it took me much longer to get the battery fully charged again.

My Nokia suffered a rapid discharge this afternoon I was sending a message with whatsapp when it started to get warm. I finished the message backed out of the app and put the phone back in my pocket, to my surprise it was still getting warm in my pocket I could feel the heat from it on my leg. so I pulled out the phone switched it of turned it back on and it was still getting hot.

That's when I noticed it had dropped from 49% charge to 28% in less them 15 min, really not having any luck with Nokia phones at the moment 2 faulty 900 now it looks like the 920 I have is faulty as well.
  5.    #5  
    But the same features when i used two-three weeks back it did not overheat, its a bit strange again thanks for the heads up with regards to battery getting discharged quickly wasnt aware of that scenario. However with my situation the phones battery did start to drop from the time the overheating started. Is there any suggestions with regards to getting the battery not from discharging at that rapid pace.

Thanks
    Sathish
    The game castlemine does this for me. I tried to reach out to the developers but they haven't responded and probably don't care.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Navigation programs, some games, and Smart Glass really get this phone very, very hot, ie discharge battery rapidly. Its insane. Its worse when you have to use a high amp charger to even keep up with battery loss in these cases.
    I've never had a phone that got this hot at times. Never had a phone that needed a special charger, especially a car charger. I just used Navigon for an hour or so to get to Queens from CT, and plugged in the entire time, and lost 50% of my battery. Ridiculous

actually it's the CPU in the upper left corner (when viewed from the back) that's getting so hot (when gaming etc..), watch the dis/assemble video. Also if it's getting hot for no reason, just soft reset it to kill the stuck process.
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu 

My 920 always gets hot when I am using Nokia Map or Nokia Drive. I also find it gets hot more easily when charging. In other words, one application which normally doesn't heat the phone can make it very hot if the phone is charging.

How hot is your Lumia 920? Question and my personal experience
    Nokia Lumia 920 Black
    Since Nov. 13, 2012

Would it be classed as dangerous for it to get as hot as it does?? Ive noticed mine gets unbelievably hot playing Where's my water. Its not untouchable but its kind if uncomfortable.