Is Lumia920 / WP8 ready for business use?
12-18-2012 07:17 PM
- I see people doing exchanges for things that quite possibly are software related very often. The word Placebo comes to mind. Some actual hardware issues exist, I don't deny it. But some software issues also exist and will eventually disappear if the user either identifies the buggy app causing issues, waits for the next OS rev, or learns how background processing works.
Sometimes the problem really does exist between the keyboard and the chair.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 212-18-2012 12:26 PM
- That's all well and good and I actually agree, but I really didn't sign up to he a beta tester. I was under the impression this had already been done (a little tongue in cheek) but honestly. I as a business user can't afford to having keep factory resetting my phone especially as the restore function didn't, well. Function. There comes a point where you have to say, this hardware,software combination just isn't at a point the business needs it to be.12-18-2012 12:57 PM
- 12-18-2012 01:58 PMLike 1
- The problem I have, lets say 10 emails are in my inbox, I look at the first one and reply to it. When I back out of the inbox, the tile doesn't show that i have 9 unread emails, it shows i have 0. This has to be wrong.. surely it should still say I have 9 unread ones.. a business needs this type of input.12-18-2012 02:11 PM
- Hey, so, just now I noticed this. So I retract my earlier comment. I had two emails, read one, went back to the start screen, the notification disappeared. I guess I never noticed it because I generally read all my email when it comes in (or at least quickly scan it for any immediate follow-up requirement). So yeah, an issue... a minor issue for my part, but an issue nonetheless.12-18-2012 02:20 PMLike 1
I'll post this reminder for you every time you make that blanket statement.12-18-2012 02:30 PM
- 12-18-2012 02:32 PM
- This is considered a "feature" and one that I like. On my iPhone, I used to hate remembering if i had 60 or 61 emails the last time I checked. There are plenty of messages (either spam type) or from people I know it is not important that I leave for later. So I leave them unread until I get back to my computer or when I have more time. The reset allows me to see when I need to see what is new.12-18-2012 02:33 PM
- ttsoldierRetired Ambassador12-18-2012 02:35 PM
- "Your backup and restore issues are linked to the problems you have had and the fact that you managed to get the 920 working on O2, not an actual design problem with the phone."
Are you 100% sure this is my problem? Why couldn't the software developer think a little out of the box and write a small piece of code that allowed you to restore backups? It's not hard..12-18-2012 02:50 PM
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 212-18-2012 03:17 PM
EDIT: That's all I'm pointing out. I do think some of your grips are valid concerns (to stay on topic). Just your statement about it being "just a few lines of easy code" is stupid.12-18-2012 03:22 PM
- But you've never architected or written good code. You rely on your experts to do that. But that's okay. Since you are obviously on the WP8 team and are intimate with it's architecture and code base, you know it's a piece of cake. That's all I'm saying. Unless you're on that team, then you don't know **** on how easy or hard it would be. For all we know, it may have not even have been a requirement.
EDIT: That's all I'm pointing out. I do think some of your grips are valid concerns (to stay on topic). Just your statement about it being "just a few lines of easy code" is stupid.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 212-18-2012 03:38 PM
- Hi all..
1. Exchange sync doesn't sync correctly. When emails are deleted on the phone they don't sync until you physically press SYNC.. this just isn't acceptable as a business tool, regardless what MS tell us, ALL other platforms sync on deletion of emails which means all accounts are up to date. I've lost count the number of times i've deleted emails on my handset only to find they are still in my inbox when i open outlook. Doubling workload isn't a great way to encourage business to adopt this ecosystem.12-18-2012 03:43 PM
- 12-18-2012 03:52 PM
- 12-18-2012 05:24 PM
- Windows Phones
- Microsoft / Nokia Phones
- Nokia Lumia 920
Is Lumia920 / WP8 ready for business use?
- By IceDigger in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-14-2013, 04:13 AM
- By cajunlte in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 01-12-2013, 07:56 PM
- By Heron_Kusanagi in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 26Last Post: 10-22-2012, 10:01 PM
- By dlcpa in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 38Last Post: 11-18-2011, 11:56 PM
- By Brett Day in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 08-22-2011, 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD