Screen blacks out on calls

WennaB

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Recently swapped from HTC Android to the 920, when making a call though my screen goes black which is fine....Except when I go to end the call I can't get my screen to come back on, so I have to wait for the other person to hang up & then the phone eventually allows me back on?!?

Can anyone advise if there's anything I can change in settings or something as I've looked but can't find a reason for this? Apart from this I love the phone so hope can solve this asap otherwise it makes it pretty annoying when trying to make or end a call.

Cheers

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be a common problem and there are a few posts about it.

Couple things to check.

Make sure if you have a case it's not covering up the proximity sensor ( It's above the "N" in the Nokia Logo at the top) There was a couple folks who found their case to be the culprit
Make sure the phone screen is clean around that area. Some people were reporting dust particles getting into the Front Facing camera and that could be causing the issue.
Try soft-resetting your phone (Hold Volume Down + power button for about 10 seconds.

If these don't fix that issue I would prob seek a replacement device.

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Make sure there isn't anything blocking the proximity sensor (dirt or if you have a screen protector.) If that isn't the problem, I think you may need to get the phone replaced. My co-worker had the same problem with her 920 and after a replacement it was fine. I think a few others have had this issue as well.

a2b04

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the same. Check if you've got screen protector on. If yes, that could be the reason. Try taking it off or cut the bot off of the sensor, which is right next to the front camera.

Hope that'll help!

SmashSeven

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've discovered this issue with my 920 today. If I make a call, as soon as it connects the screen goes off, regardless of whether I'm holding it to my face or not. Nothing will bring the screen back until the other side hangs up. Which is an issue if the call goes to voicemail!

For the people that had a replacement, how did you go about doing this? My 920 was bought sim free from Clove. Has anyone had any word from Nokia regarding the issue?

Thanks.

[edit] I should also say that I do not have a screen protector/case and I can't see any dust around the area at all.

I've also noticed the screen no longer wakes when I receive an SMS - I'm sure it did this before...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3