12-17-2012, 08:03 AM #1
- 3 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
ok i am planning to buy an unlocked lumia 920 from the US, please help me,
will the unlocked lumia 920 work in india with local operators? if yes
how and where do i purchase the unlocked version from?
its urgent please i expect some quick responses
- 12-17-2012, 08:20 AM #2
The only thing to make sure is that it is not cdma. Pretty much only the States use cdma (Verizon for one) you will want GSM version (like at&t use) this is pretty much rest-of-world standard.
Also you may have issues getting a micro sim but you can cut down old style sim with scissors or get conversion kits. I have cut several with no issues - check google for guides.
Lastly be aware you probably won't get 4g.
so in short - it should work fine.
As for getting one? Some stores will sell them to you, others will charge to unlock. I have used online legit unlock services before -expect to pay about 50 dollars. Or buy direct online.
- 12-17-2012, 01:59 PM #5
- 12-17-2012, 03:04 PM #7
It may roam but as a Brit living in the states who has worked all over the world, the only country I have seen using non-GSM is USA. I have Verizon 8x it won't connect to cell towers in europe/middle east as they are incompatible.
- By xcen in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 7Last Post: 05-02-2015, 02:35 PM
- By sirwannabe in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 12-13-2012, 12:47 PM
- By aimulaidni in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 12-13-2012, 06:05 AM
- By dula714 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 18Last Post: 10-18-2012, 09:44 PM
- By ninjaap in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 3Last Post: 07-03-2012, 03:52 PM