Windows Phone 7.5 to 8 Worth it ? HTC to Nokia

Leopardos

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have HTC HD7 with Windows Phone 7.5 ( The camera isnt good at all ) ...
I was waiting so so Bad for the Lumia 920 ...
But after watching the phone on youtube . its look like Windows 7.5 with better Camera..

Is there any thing else that really worth it to buy the Lumia 920 since its a little pricey ? and what is the major changes from 7.5 to 8 that make it worth getting?

if getting convinced, Is it worth to buy from Berlin or Amsterdam since im going for a vacation there next week? will i be able to add Arabic and Hebrew languages as a writing language and phone system aswell ?
Because its priced 1200 Usd with 32GB and Black colored in israel

Thanks

Matt Sharpe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Right now there is very little worth upgrading for.

That'll change over time, as more and more WP8-only apps are released.

Also right now there are some benefits to staying on WP7, such as Zune and actual working Podcasts.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I beg to differ. Every OS upgrade is usually very marginal. One of the things if you wanted to upgrade is windows phone 8 apps. Already there are some apps that are so much better on the Lumia 920 then wp7. Also coming from a titan 2 and before that a hd7, the camera on the Lumia 920 is light years ahead of the hd7. The hd7 has an embarrassing camera. Lastly, the improvements to the OS make it worth the upgrade.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Coming from HD7, you will notice HUGE improvement in speed when launching and interacting with apps. It's like upgrading from Pentium 4 on hard disk to i7 Quad Core on SSD.

Display on 920 is another monster improvement.

You will also love the resizable tiles. It makes a big difference in usability and looks.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't sound like you are from the US. If so and you are paying full price for a Nokia device I would probably wait until after the 7.8 update to decide.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, the new start screen is hands down the best Windows Phone 8 feature, and whenever 7.8 comes out, that kind of goes away as an upgrade reason.

Lumia 920 hardware is certainly quite nice, but Windows Phone 8 is still pretty buggy right now.

Leopardos

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
K, I think I'm going to buy it since I need a good camera for my vacation...

But the question is, should I buy it here in my country for 850eur with 12 month warranty or buy it from Berlin or Amsterdam while on vacation next week for 700eur without warranty?

What would you do if you was me? I'm really confused ...
And I'm sure there is no one can deal with fixing the phone in my area if things go wrong ... :/

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Thats about $195.00 US. That seems pretty steep to me. How long is the warranty and how long do you plan to keep the phone?

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I seem to remember reading a post from a member in Asia who bought a phone in an other country and he had some problems. He says Nokia only warranties in the country of purchase so if you buy elsewhere you might have to send it off rather than get it taken care of locally. Europe may be different. I suggest you chat with Nokia to be sure.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
If you are from a european country you will have warranty for 2years, also your best shot is to buy from Germany or France it is not available in the Netherlands.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb