Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yev91

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Windows phones have very good virtual keyboards but one thing that's missing in my opinion are arrow (< >) keys.
    HTC Android phones usually provide arrow keys and so does Swiftkey 3 for Android.

I hope Microsoft is listening.

-Rich

Needs shortcuts too.

Tired of typing my email address into websites. I had it mapped to @@ on the iPhone. Cant do that on WP8.

At first,, I was looking for the arrow keys also,, but if your reason for arrow keys is same as mine(to insert or edit characters in between characters),, u don't need arrow keys,,,check this thread:
    Tips and Tricks thread

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    The 920 has one of the worst keyboards i have ever used....Im constantly making mistakes.

...Istill love the phone though.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Hicken View Post
    The 920 has one of the worst keyboards i have ever used....Im constantly making mistakes.

...Istill love the phone though.
    Same, on my Focus I could try so fast and I'd always hit the right button. With the 920 I had a few times where keystrokes did not register or I made a typo.

I feel like its because of this:

I just keep telling myself I am not used to the phone yet, and soon I will be able to type on it just as well as the focus.

Otherwise I feel like the keyboard is sufficient, like its always been. Just shortcuts to words would be nice, for when you type your email address for example.
    Pedro Hicken likes this.

There are <> keys on Lumia 920, you just need to first tap &123 key to get to the numbers and punctuations, then tap and hold ( and you get the choice of <{[ and if you tap and hold ) you get also >}]
    In fact you get a lot of choices if you try the tap and hold trick