Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kwill View Post
    Looked today, the yellow showed in stock, so gave them a call. Lady found one she could order in another system and now I'm just praying this one doesn't cancel. Lol. Said it's expected by the 24th.
    How did you look at stock of replacement phones?

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    When I got my warranty replacement 920 from Nokia it wasn't even in a box... facepalm.jpg ... it was wrapped in bubble wrap in a postage envelope.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    My first AT&T warranty replacement came in bubble wrap and had the old OS. It was constantly freezing up on me. They sent me another - this one is brand new - in the sealed retail box with accessories and manuals. OS was up to date and thus far so good. Brightness is better on this one too with the same settings - no fluctuating.
    Fyi - You can probably tell if they are sending you a new refurb or a brand new retail one by the weight of the package on the tracking info. 1.0 lbs. was the weight for the bubble wrapped one. 2.0lbs. for the new one in the retail box (same weight as the first one I received at launch).

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    My first Lumia 920 got exchanged in store brand new, the next 2 also brand new from Fort worth, and I think they got annoyed with me calling the 4th time so they sent me one in bubble wrap, just the phone itself in a brown box, the thing is it said like 120 days since last charge it said in the battery meter settings, the phone wasn't even out during that time. And it looked in better condition than the new ones I've had. Battery Is crap though with portico so I reversed firmware last night and will see how long it lasts now, maybe I'll need a 5th:( fingers crossed
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    When I got my warranty replacement 920 from Nokia it wasn't even in a box... was wrapped in bubble wrap in a postage envelope.
    Mine came this same exact way. When NOKIA sends a replacement, they are all BRAND NEW per the CSR reps that I talked to. Only cell providers can send a refurbished phone.

Global Posts
    1,005 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltelmel View Post
    Fyi - You can probably tell if they are sending you a new refurb or a brand new retail one by the weight of the package on the tracking info. 1.0 lbs. was the weight for the bubble wrapped one. 2.0lbs. for the new one in the retail box (same weight as the first one I received at launch).
    Not sure what I am getting. I delt directly with Nokia and they are sending me a replacement. The shipping weight on UPS shows 0.20 lb. Maybe they left out the bubble wrap on mine.

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    I got a replacement from Nokia, not ATT, and it only came in bubble wrap with quality control stickers on it. I asked the CSR if the phone was new or refurbished, he said it is brand new, they are not allowed to send refurbished units. It was tested for all of the issues the 920 has been repported to have. My phone is perfect. I have never had to send in my phone first like some folks have reported, always they send me a new one and then I send in my defective unit. This is my 6th 920 but finally have non problematic phone :)

Phone already had the latest version of wp8 on it and I dont have the bugged out auto brightness. Here is a copy of Nokia's response to me asking if the phone was new...

Hi Michael,

Good day!

We have tried to contact you today but was routed to your voicemail.

This is just a follow up email regarding the replacement phone that you received from us. Yes, it is a new handset. We are not allowed to send a refurbished one. Can we ask if you are still having issues with this? Please let us know so we will be able to assist you again.

In addition to this, did you already received a shipping label for you to use in shipping the faulty phone back?

Regards

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    I got a replacement from Nokia, not ATT, and it only came in bubble wrap with quality control stickers on it. I asked the CSR if the phone was new or refurbished, he said it is brand new, they are not allowed to send refurbished units. It was tested for all of the issues the 920 has been repported to have. My phone is perfect. I have never had to send in my phone first like some folks have reported, always they send me a new one and then I send in my defective unit. This is my 6th 920 but finally have non problematic phone :)

Phone already had the latest version of wp8 on it and I dont have the bugged out auto brightness. Here is a copy of Nokia's response to me asking if the phone was new...

Hi Michael,

Good day!

We have tried to contact you today but was routed to your voicemail.

This is just a follow up email regarding the replacement phone that you received from us. Yes, it is a new handset. We are not allowed to send a refurbished one. Can we ask if you are still having issues with this? Please let us know so we will be able to assist you again.

In addition to this, did you already received a shipping label for you to use in shipping the faulty phone back?

Regards
    dude that sounds like a dream, att sent me one but battery sucks, did u contact Nokia directly? And do u think I can still go through them even if I have the phone from att? It will also be my 5th
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marveldave View Post
    UPDATE: Received my replacement phone from AT&T Warranty Dept yesterday and it was not in a retail packaging, so it's a reconditioned phone. It's been only a day but so far so good, no freezing issue. So far I am happy.

My 920 (Cyan) has been having frequent freeze issue lately and I am out of the 14-days store exchange period, so I had to work with the warranty department. The first agent I spoke with last week told me that he would order me a brand new phone (instead of a refurbished one), but unfortunately Cyan was out of stock at that time, so he asked me to call again at a later time. Today I called again, Cyan now is in stock, but the agent that I talked to today said she will send me a refurbished phone and not a brand new phone. I told her that the first agent told me that it would be a brand new phone, but she kept insisting that they only have refurbished phone in warranty dept and said the last agent was not telling the truth.

For those of you who got your 920 replacement phone via warranty, was it a brand new phone or a refurbished phone?

Thanks.

my 1st replacement was on day 21 and it was a brand new cyan lumia in the the box from at&t, you have to bi tch at them a certain way to get them to understand that they are morons and since you just purchased something from them thatw as brand new and is defective you deserve a brand new item in return without affecting your warranty . Replacement #2 was from nokia after emailing Stephen Elop and bit ching to him about how poor is new flag ship phone is made, and today I received my tracking info for replacement #3 from nokia ( new) after bi t ching about how poor their flag ship phone is made and how the latest update decided to turn my long last battery into a piece of garbage when i do anything on the phone besides looking at while its off
    = 4 920's since launch. yea!

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    When I got my warranty replacement 920 from Nokia it wasn't even in a box... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facepalm.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	26114 ... it was wrapped in bubble wrap in a postage envelope.

mine also. it was in bubble wrap and in a ups envelope but it was mint and came with a charger and the instruction booklet

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvin View Post
    dude that sounds like a dream, att sent me one but battery sucks, did u contact Nokia directly? And do u think I can still go through them even if I have the phone from att? It will also be my 5th
    yes I contacted Nokia directly, after the first exchange was thru ATT. You should be good to go.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    yes I contacted Nokia directly, after the first exchange was thru ATT. You should be good to go.
    You have their contact info by chance? Thanks

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyvin View Post
    You have their contact info by chance? Thanks
    pm sent

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    pm sent
    Can you PM me the contact info as well please? Im going through ATT on my warranty replacement and if this one doesn't work out I want to contact Nokia directly. Thanks in advance!

pm sent
    Sorry me too, please..i ordered a warrenty replacement yesterday and if it doesn't do well I want to contact nokia

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    PMs sent

PMs sent
    I need that number too. Have had the phone since release day, just started experiencing the loose battery problem. I'm only hoping this tiny little mark I accidentally made on the side won't affect my chances! Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hi,

If you could also share the Nokia contact info with me, I would much appreciate it! I've been going back and forth with them on Twitter, but now they're just telling me to go to AT&T. Honestly, I'd rather go through Nokia.

Thanks!
    Yellow Lumia 920

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    I think I'm going to keep mine now, I drained my battery until it didn't start and now I went from 7 to about 18 hrs moderate use, good enough for me. And drain it until you can't turn it on literally. Soo much better now

I just got my new replacement and it looks and feels brand new! It has stickers on the front, back, the camera plate. Booted up just fine with Portico already installed. Only difference is that that soft touch buttons have a slight green tint to them. Compared to my old one which has a blue tint to the touch buttons. Overall, I'm satisfied and no issues whatsoever.

I still have the old one in hand, maybe I should keep it? >:D I'm sure that's a bad idea though!

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Iron Eagle, how did you end up getting the replacement? Did you go through Nokia or AT&T? Was it a warranty replacement?

Thanks!

Mike
    Yellow Lumia 920

Quote Originally Posted by mkclarke View Post
    Iron Eagle, how did you end up getting the replacement? Did you go through Nokia or AT&T? Was it a warranty replacement?

Thanks!

Mike

Went through Nokia, I can't really tell if it's a refurbished phone or brand new. It looks like it came right out of the factory.

Hi--could you send me the contact information as well, please. I really appreciate it.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acaruso View Post
    Hi--could you send me the contact information as well, please. I really appreciate it.
    Same here, please. Nokia told me via Twitter to go through AT&T, but they only do a warrantly replacement with a refurbished phone (which I think is a crock since the phone is obviously defective from the get-go).

Thanks!

Mike
    Yellow Lumia 920

Quote Originally Posted by mkclarke View Post
    Same here, please. Nokia told me via Twitter to go through AT&T, but they only do a warrantly replacement with a refurbished phone (which I think is a crock since the phone is obviously defective from the get-go).

Thanks!

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by acaruso View Post
    Sent you both PM's :D
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast