Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

My 920 wouldn't play the m4a format music, but according to the official website, 920 should support the m4a format:

Music format
    Codecs: MP3, AMR-WB, AMR-NB, WMA 10 Pro, WMA 9, AAC LC, AAC+/HEAAC, eAAC+/HEAACv2
    Audio format: ASF, Wav, MP4, AAC, AMR, MP3, M4A, WMA, 3GP, 3G2
    Nokia Lumia 920 - Nokia

Anybody else have the same problem?

M4a is acc from that list. All my music is itunes sourced and works fine.
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    iTunes sourced music here, too. No problems, except I need to down convert to less than or equal to 320kbps. I have a mix of old mp3, some wma, mostly m4a.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyshaw View Post
    iTunes sourced music here, too. No problems, except I need to down convert to less than or equal to 320kbps. I have a mix of old mp3, some wma, mostly m4a.
    I have allmost all my iTines library in m4a loosless. How can I listen to this music in my new Nokia 920? To go through all and downconvert to mp3, then delete all m4a versions...?
    Quote Originally Posted by RaulMaciasM View Post
    I have allmost all my iTines library in m4a loosless. How can I listen to this music in my new Nokia 920? To go through all and downconvert to mp3, then delete all m4a versions...?
    Convert to WMA-Lossless?

However with me, the phone doesn't handle it too well. Every so often it would pop up saying "Cannot play this file," and it would play the next WMA-L file, but then I could just swipe back and play the file that started the error. And, when listening to music over the speaker, it has a deafening pop whenever you start playing, rewind, fast forward, switch tracks, etc...

I just converted my entire WMA-L library to MP3 and am enjoying a much better music experience.