Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Obviously, I mean when it's not in use. I typically don't leave regular chargers in the outlet if I'm not using it, but it's very inconvenient as a wireless charger. I'd like to just drop and pick up my phone at any time without worrying about the charger crapping out.

Yeah you should be able to leave it plugged in permanently without any problems. You will probably get some phantom power wasted just like all electronics left plugged in, but it's nickels per month...

Yeah, you can leave it plugged in.
    I remember that I read a post where somebody plugged the charger into a socket with an electricity meter in between and it didn't take any power when the phone was not charging.....

It is perfectly fine as long as you do not care about some very minor waste of electricity.

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    It's fine. Last I heard, the charger doesn't draw any power if phone is removed.

is it safe though?

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizzzmo View Post
    is it safe though?
    Probably safe.
    EMF Home
    Electric & Magnetic Fields

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Mine's been plugged in ever since I got it (about 1.5 months now) and I've not had any issues. Also wireless chargers are specifically designed to take as little power as possible when idle, even more so than regular wired chargers.

It looks like it is confirmed there is no power at all being used when plugged in and not charging.

5 things you didn

"Last but by no means least, wireless charging is better for the planet. Leaving your charger plugged in, after you've powered your mobile up, might not make a noticeable difference to your home's total energy consumption, but when tens of millions of people do the same thing the amount of energy wasted can be huge. Wireless charging only works when your phone touches the charger. No touching. No power. It's a greener way of energizing your phone and that's got to be good news for everyone."