GUIDE: Wireless car charging plate

Allen Balkema

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As far as i know im the first to do this, but i have successfully hooked my wireless charging plate into my truck with minimal effort. I will have a youtube video up shortly here

Its really easy to do and i explain it all in the video (sorry if i ramble)

Heres what you need:

A 12 volt dc adapter of any sort, i had a splitter that i jerry rigged using wires and electrical tape.
a nokia wireless charging pad.

the inner connection on the nokia cord maps directly to the inner connection of the 12v dc socket. and the outer connection likewise
thats pretty much it, its suuper duper simple and you dont need that ugly adapter or any dc to ac converters, as the charging pad itself is 12 volts.

there you have it!
im going to build a switch into my trucks dashboard and hide all the wiring under the carpet eventually.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thats pretty awesome, I want to pull the "plate" apart, and mount the coils inside, to the bottom of my console. I would then wire the power to the acc position for the key. Then whenever the accessories are on, i could just set the phone directly on the console and charge it.

Allen Balkema

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thats pretty awesome, I want to pull the "plate" apart, and mount the coils inside, to the bottom of my console. I would then wire the power to the acc position for the key. Then whenever the accessories are on, i could just set the phone directly on the console and charge it.

you shouldnt even have to pull it apart, just sand down the part where the pad will be(on the underside of course) to as small a tolerance as you think fit, as long as its under 40mm it will be fine, then just tape it or glue it under the panel

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Too bad the chargers are a ridiculous amount of money. There's got to be a HUGE markup on them. I wouldn't pay more than $30 for a wireless one, unless it came with a car dock. I have dedicated fused mini LED toggles feeding mini USB cables in my off road rig. Maybe $5 in hardware and cable for each. A wireless tacky pad would be awesome though. Need more Qi phones to bring the price down.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This has been quite a bit with the touchstone charger for webOS. Most of them were installed in the open. One difference is that a slight mod to the charger with stronger magnets to keep the phone in place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb