Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. JConn_Lefty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    the ordeal took over 45 mins. but it was done. honestly, i wasn't expecting att to accept my phone back due to the physical damage (dropped it so top left corner has a small nick. thanks coworker!). but apparently, that's ok. the only thing they seem to be adamant about was water damage. they had me open the sim tray and asked me the color of the sticker. i told them there is no sticker in the tray. the rep brushed it off and asked me if it has any sort of water damage and i replied no. i'm curious, what is the sticker? can anybody post a pic of the sim tray sticker they're speaking of?

    btw, i asked if i can get a different color and it was pretty easily done. my new/refurbished 920 should arrive early next week.
  2. George Ponder's Avatar
    Editor

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    There is a small tray just inside the sim card slot with a sticker on it with various numbers and what nots. You can see it early in this video. Apparently if the inside of the 920 gets wet, the sticker turns colors.
  3. JConn_Lefty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by George Ponder View Post
    There is a small tray just inside the sim card slot with a sticker on it with various numbers and what nots. You can see it early in this video. Apparently if the inside of the 920 gets wet, the sticker turns colors.
    i see the number/letters. so it's not on the sim tray itself, it's located underneath the sim tray. gotcha...
  4. JConn_Lefty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    wow, att is impressed me twice today. just received confirmation email stating that the replacement device has been processed and it should arrive thursday. i'm impressed. again...
  5. gladesmellzgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    They've impressed me immensely as well with some truly great CS I received yesterday. They overnighted my replacement device with will be here tomorrow and threw in a free wireless charger for my trouble.
  6. Beltelmel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    the ordeal took over 45 mins. but it was done. honestly, i wasn't expecting att to accept my phone back due to the physical damage (dropped it so top left corner has a small nick. thanks coworker!). but apparently, that's ok. the only thing they seem to be adamant about was water damage. they had me open the sim tray and asked me the color of the sticker. i told them there is no sticker in the tray. the rep brushed it off and asked me if it has any sort of water damage and i replied no. i'm curious, what is the sticker? can anybody post a pic of the sim tray sticker they're speaking of?

    btw, i asked if i can get a different color and it was pretty easily done. my new/refurbished 920 should arrive early next week.
    Cool!.... what color did you get? I'm guessing you went back to black.
    Last edited by Beltelmel; 12-18-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: .
  7. JConn_Lefty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltelmel View Post
    Cool!.... what color did you get? I'm guessing you went back to black.
    i wanted to get cyan but the rep said that color is out of stock and no eta. so, i got myself a red one. the white one i have is too bland imo. plus, the red will match my car.
    Beltelmel likes this.
  8. JConn_Lefty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    They've impressed me immensely as well with some truly great CS I received yesterday. They overnighted my replacement device with will be here tomorrow and threw in a free wireless charger for my trouble.
    now THAT'S impressive. they went above and beyond for you. who said att's cs suck??? lol...
  9. gladesmellzgood's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Sometimes they do I think it varies greatly from rep to rep. Most of the time they try their hardest.
  10. JConn_Lefty's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    Sometimes they do I think it varies greatly from rep to rep. Most of the time they try their hardest.
    this.

    i believe most people try to accomplish their task but the money grubbing corporate america has a way of discouraging hard working americans with ****ty pay and ****ty hours and ****ty ethics and unfair working hours. CS is THE most important aspect of any company and yet, they get the short end of stick.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 07:05 PM
  2. 2 Weeks with my Lumia 920 and....
    By koldmiser in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 01:08 AM
  3. Just got my Cyan 920 and...
    By WIndowsReborn in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 03:28 PM

Posting Permissions