Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

I just received 3 updates from those apps and now the audio settings are included in Nokia Music. Nokia Maps is almost the same with some graphical tweaks and cinemagraph didnt found anything new yet.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thanks! I like to stay up-to-date with everything and my phone hadn't given me notice of any updates. I really wish apps were checked for updates upon launching the store.
    CamiKitti likes this.

Tell me if you guys found anything new with these updates that I didn't notice, it's nice to know Nokia is constantly updating.

I found that nokia exclusive never show update notification.
    Usually i will have half a dozen of market apps showing an update is due.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Heads up. Any offline mixes that you have downloaded from Nokia music will be deleted.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    i was hoping the nokia maps update will bring traffic information for major local streets. i guess not...
    Lumia 920
    you can now easily upload and share your cinemagraphs right from the cinemagraph app :) . uploads to your nokia account and gives you a link to share

best thing they ever could have done. it was horrible trying to share them before
    Thanked by:
    CamiKitti likes this.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjacketphoto View Post
    you can now easily upload and share your cinemagraphs right from the cinemagraph app :) . uploads to your nokia account and gives you a link to share

best thing they ever could have done. it was horrible trying to share them before
    NICE! Have you ttried to view it through a shared link? Does it show up as a GIF that can be saved by right-click?

At the same time I got these, I also got an update to "audio" - "With this update you will get Audio leveling feature to set the same playback volume for all music and video tracks."

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Between this and the OTA rollout of the Portico update tomorrow, I'm really having my love for Nokia reaffirmed.
    James8561 likes this.

if u guys don't see notifications for these updates, manually go to the store, select nokia collection, and select every single app them update them. can't get the "audio" one as mentioned by Sines though
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus82 View Post
    NICE! Have you ttried to view it through a shared link? Does it show up as a GIF that can be saved by right-click?
    just tried and yep on computer right click save as works. no options coming up on my lumia when i visit the link to save it. same for my iPhone 4 running iOS 5 still
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Wtf is wrong with this OS that it doesn't show you updates when they are available. You shouldn't have to go and manually find updates. Microsoft really needs to step up wp8 if they want to compete. Its little issues like this that drive people away
    CamiKitti likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JConn_Lefty View Post
    i was hoping the nokia maps update will bring traffic information for major local streets. i guess not...
    Yeah, they really need to add street traffic. I use INRIX which provides traffic but I really want one map app for searching and traffic. That's the only reason I still have my iPhone; that and navigation apps on iOS are so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    Wtf is wrong with this OS that it doesn't show you updates when they are available. You shouldn't have to go and manually find updates. Microsoft really needs to step up wp8 if they want to compete. Its little issues like this that drive people away
    Hopefully the new firmware/OS update tomorrow fixes this.

I snagged a QR code for the Audio update I received.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails qrcodeaudio.png  

Whatever happened to the Ringtone Maker?

Quote Originally Posted by RuleOfSines View Post
    I snagged a QR code for the Audio update I received.
    Thanks a lot, I just got the update. But, it seems the audio level setting isn't working? I mean how does it work? I turned it on but when I unplug my earphones the volume level is still the same as before (22/30). I want it to work so that when my earphones are unplugged it's at (15/30) and when earphones are plugged in it's at (22/30). Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by abhishek8605 View Post
    Thanks a lot, I just got the update. But, it seems the audio level setting isn't working? I mean how does it work? I turned it on but when I unplug my earphones the volume level is still the same as before (22/30). I want it to work so that when my earphones are unplugged it's at (15/30) and when earphones are plugged in it's at (22/30). Any advice?
    I'm getting the impression is more along the line of dynamic volume adjustment. So if a dramatically louder song or video comes up, it lowers the output volume so it sounds the same to you as whatever the target volume is. Avoids you cranking up the volume for a quiet song, then having your eardrums blown out by the next one.

I'm getting the impression is more along the line of dynamic volume adjustment. So if a dramatically louder song or video comes up, it lowers the output volume so it sounds the same to you as whatever the target volume is. Avoids you cranking up the volume for a quiet song, then having your eardrums blown out by the next one.
    OH...so like normalizing? I didn't really want that, really hoped they would release an update to have different volume levels for music + videos and just the ringtones.

So happy with Nokia these days!

Quote Originally Posted by abhishek8605 View Post
    OH...so like normalizing? I didn't really want that, really hoped they would release an update to have different volume levels for music + videos and just the ringtones.
    Normalizing! That's the word I couldn't remember. I think that is what this is doing, though I also really want the ability to have different volume levels.
    abhishek8605 likes this.

Normalizing! That's the word I couldn't remember. I think that is what this is doing, though I also really want the ability to have different volume levels.
    That would be an OS level patch not a Nokia specific one.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

Global Posts
    1,076 Global Posts
    Gotta admit, even though I no longer have my 920 I'm impressed with the updates they're releasing and how quickly they're coming.

Thanks! For some reason, I haven't been getting any updates or the count showing on the Store live tile. :\
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast