Alert: PLS CHK YOUR PHONE - Voice mail transmit upon activating LTE/4G

goixiz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I was very surprised today when i turned my LTE/4G on because i noticed my data usage has been exceedingly high and will most likely go past my allotted usage. Upon turning on the data my voice mail came thru from a few hours ago.

AT&T is doing something fishy here . Maybe this increases my data usage and bills me for it

Guys / Gals please chk if your voice mail is using data. Or maybe is a setting i have to change.

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
It's visual voicemail. You receive an audio file through data, and that's your voicemail. Been that way since visual voicemail existed.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well if you are using Visual Voicemail that does use data, been that way since Visual Voicemail debuted on iPhone 1 in 2007, unlike making a phone call it pings AT&T's servers and downloads an audio file. It shouldn't be using THAT much data, but it does use some. If you are using data off you will have to call your voicemail to check your messages the old fashioned way

goixiz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I like the old fashioned way and like to not have visual voicemail but an indication on my phone that i have voicemail and go pick it up

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I like the old fashioned way and like to not have visual voicemail but an indication on my phone that i have voicemail and go pick it up

Call AT&T and have them disable the VVM service then and you will have the old school voice mail system then with just the indicator on the Phone tile that you have some waiting where you need to call in to retrieve them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999