- 12-18-2012, 11:26 PM #1
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, or burried within another thread, but I thought I'd share easy steps to get Internet Sharing, as well as MMS working on unlocked Rogers L920, working on other networks (mine is running on the Bell/Virgin towers). This means no more waiting to have a fully functional unlocked phone.
1. Download 'Access Point'. If browsing on your L920, go to this link:
access point | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Or, you can scan the QR code below:
2. Go into SETTINGS > cellular and delete your "internet apn" and "mms apn" - you do this by going into each screen and hitting the 'trash can' icon. Just for good measure, ensure you have this info written down for reference. This step is important. If you previously set these values to have data and MMS working, they will not work when access point is activated.
3. Go into SETTINGS > access point, should be at the bottom of your System settings. ACTIVATE your cellular provider (in my case, Virgin Mobile)
MMS and Internet Sharing should work!
This was for an unlocked Rogers L920 on another Canadian carrier, but I'm guessing this would work for other carriers as well. Post your successes or problems so we know what works and what doesn't.
- 12-19-2012, 12:27 AM #3
12-19-2012, 01:52 PM #4
- 131 Posts
it works and no need to to edit apn settings.I used this site to unlock my nokia lumia How to unlock your Canadian cellphone Rogers, Fido, Telus, Bell, Virgin, Wind, Videotron, Mobilicity, Koodo, Sasktel, Chatr,, 20 dollars.
- 12-31-2012, 09:45 AM #8
- 12-31-2012, 11:35 AM #9
I removed the 5 gb plan with the 3 gb plan, then restore the 5 gb plan by using myATT app. I also added a Russian keyboard. Now internet sharing is working. No only that, it now supports up to 8 users. Prior to doing this, it supported only 5, as indicated on the phone.
- 01-04-2013, 12:17 AM #11
Has anyone got this to work for long periods of time instead of just enabling for a short while?
I used the access point app to get internet sharing to work on Wind network in Canada. However, every time I enable sharing it would only work for couple minutes before phone internet stops working. My cable internet was down for couple days, so I really get to know that internet sharing on my L920 doesn't stay on for long.
- 01-05-2013, 11:43 PM #15
After an update, you also need to deactivate and reactivate the access point for it to work.
I can confirm that thethering was operational more than a few minutes... I'm on Virgin/Bell network though.
- 01-15-2013, 02:36 PM #17
You'll see "Add" at the bottom of the page in your 'Access Point' program
01-17-2013, 03:11 PM #18
- 2 Posts
I'm with Koodo, and downloading the Access Point app from the link listed, in combination with downloading another keyboard language, and doing a couple swaps back and forth in access point, and actually setting everythign to IPv4 only (not IPv4v6) and eventually it worked for me... i'm not sure exactly what combination or which order fixed it though.
- By GameOver69 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 45Last Post: 06-10-2013, 03:56 PM
- By tomcahill in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 24Last Post: 02-01-2013, 09:18 AM
- By ugetluke in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 11-12-2012, 01:30 AM
- By Bifurcated in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 3Last Post: 05-14-2012, 01:58 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 41Last Post: 03-06-2012, 10:50 AM