Battery Drains from 71% to 14% Overnight!

Kei Square

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That's not really the same issue as original poster but if I understand you correctly... There's a few apps in marketplace for battery monitoring. I use "Battery Level for WP8" and the tile updates pretty frequent and accurately, make sure the background task is on for that app. Also with this app you can make the battery meter show on your home screen and that's accurate for me as well.

Note quite the same.. but very odd.. i have that app, and back ground task is on.. but when i check the settings... the battery life remains at 80% for like 14 hours.. then finally just now, i got the low battery setting... i plug the charger on... and it went from 5% to 80%... =( it's seems to be stuck their for no reason...

Kei Square

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I have a feeling battery drain is going on, I do a soft reset. It seems to do something to help the battery. I've done it maybe 3 or 4 times and its worked flawlessly every time to fix the battery drain.

EDIT - Here's my battery stats from yesterday - you can see exactly where I did a soft reset. My phone was draining for NO REASON before that - nothing was going on - it was sitting on a counter not being touched. I went to check my email and noticed it was draining, so I did a soft reset, and you can see the results right after that. To soft reset, hold both the power + volume down button for 10 or so seconds. Works every time.

View attachment 25092

mine's not draining.. it's just not posting the right battery status... how did you do the soft reset?

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Note quite the same.. but very odd.. i have that app, and back ground task is on.. but when i check the settings... the battery life remains at 80% for like 14 hours.. then finally just now, i got the low battery setting... i plug the charger on... and it went from 5% to 80%... =( it's seems to be stuck their for no reason...

That sounds like something that will require a hard reset. Something is wrong with your phone.

Kei Square

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like something that will require a hard reset. Something is wrong with your phone.

It wasn't doing this before... the night before, when i put it on the wireless charger.. the battery status was at 75% and it was quite warmed... i took it off the wireless and plugged it in. Now it's doing the 80% ... how should i hard reset? and should i ? i have over 50 tiles pinned to the front....

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Tried mine a couple of days ago - unplugged 100% charge at 1030 pm, alarm at 0630 and battery at 97%.

Wifi off

Bluetooth Off
Location On
Data Connection On at 3G
NFC Off
Flight Mode Off
Brightness set to auto
Weather on 1 hour refresh
nextgen reader on pull
email sync manual
paper shuffle to change wallpaper every hour.

bbqrooster

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Just for your reference. I did not have battery drain problem overnight. Then one day I installed the eBay app and my battery drained to the last drop overnight. That damn eBay app must be checking constantly over wifi. I removed the eBay app and I am back to normal. So check what apps you have on your phone.

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I have a feeling battery drain is going on, I do a soft reset. It seems to do something to help the battery. I've done it maybe 3 or 4 times and its worked flawlessly every time to fix the battery drain.

EDIT - Here's my battery stats from yesterday - you can see exactly where I did a soft reset. My phone was draining for NO REASON before that - nothing was going on - it was sitting on a counter not being touched. I went to check my email and noticed it was draining, so I did a soft reset, and you can see the results right after that. To soft reset, hold both the power + volume down button for 10 or so seconds. Works every time.

View attachment 25092

Problem is, soft reset screws up my date and time.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Try uninstalling and installing the app again

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Battery drains again from 100% to 80%, but this time with wifi off.

The same scenario. The alarm sounds at 9:00. I turned the sound off leaving the notification there. How in the **** can the notification drain the battery so much?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs