Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EBynum View Post
    I live in California where attaching a phone holder to the windshield is illegal. Is there a way to mount that CR-123 to the dash? Does it use a suction cup or an adhesive?
    You can mount it on the dash as well. It comes with that little metal plate with the adhesive backing that you stick on the dashboard. Then you can use the suction cup.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squadromeo View Post
    Nice holder!

But what is that big white box above your phone?
    That is a transponder for bridge tolls so you don't have to stop and pay when going across the mid bay bridge to get to Destin,Fl.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wallace View Post
    Which case is that, and does it come in a non-cyan blue?
    I dont remember exactly. Got it off eBay. The store here at WPC has them too.

Yep, you mention the hole in the bottom already, sorry I missed it. Looks like a great holder. I just wish they'd make one with the wireless charging built in. Might have to make one myself.

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Why does everyone want a wireless charging holder? You would still have cable running, it will take longer to charge the phone and its not very practical to use with any other device and it would be priced much higher.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Dude, your wife is a true wife getting such things for your bday. Im jelouse :( I had to pay it all by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    Why does everyone want a wireless charging holder? You would still have cable running, it will take longer to charge the phone and its not very practical to use with any other device and it would be priced much higher.
    I want it built into my next car...
    Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
    God's work, our hands.
    Preaching the Gospel.
    Holding a Windows Phone.

sometimes it's a pain to plug in your phone haha.. man we're spoiled

Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    You can mount it on the dash as well. It comes with that little metal plate with the adhesive backing that you stick on the dashboard. Then you can use the suction cup.
    nice, i would probably go for the dashboard setup as well, thanks for the pics man.. really leaning towards getting it now

For the same reason I use the wireless charger at home.

Over time those usb ports get worn out. I've had it happen with a number of phones. So the less I plug it in the better. I've found the wireless charger to be extremely convenient at home. For me it would be even more so in the vehicle just set the phone in the holder and go.

Very nice! I hope I get one for Christmas!
    philharmonik likes this.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Manson View Post
    Dude, your wife is a true wife getting such things for your bday. Im jelouse :( I had to pay it all by myself.
    Yeah, she's pretty awesome! That's why I love her!

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jklier View Post
    Yep, you mention the hole in the bottom already, sorry I missed it. Looks like a great holder. I just wish they'd make one with the wireless charging built in. Might have to make one myself.
    It's all good!

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjeung View Post
    nice, i would probably go for the dashboard setup as well, thanks for the pics man.. really leaning towards getting it now
    You're welcome! Let me know if you have any more questions or want a pic of something.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    good for you , and realy thanx for sharing , thinking to get one soon .

Thanks for letting me know. Is the adhesive on the metal plate permanent or can it be removed later without leaving goo on the dash?

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EBynum View Post
    Thanks for letting me know. Is the adhesive on the metal plate permanent or can it be removed later without leaving goo on the dash?
    Good question! I was going to try it out, but my car is a brand new 2013 Sonata and was afraid of just that. Wouldn't want to screw up my dashboard. I'm sure there are methods to remove the goo, but I don't know how. lol

Quote Originally Posted by philharmonik View Post
    Good question! I was going to try it out, but my car is a brand new 2013 Sonata and was afraid of just that. Wouldn't want to screw up my dashboard. I'm sure there are methods to remove the goo, but I don't know how. lol
    Yeah, I don't want to mess up my dash either. That's why I asked. Do the instructions that came with the holder say anything about it? Just curious. There's a product called Goo Gone that might work to remove the sticky residue.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12