Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kanisian View Post
    Weird that after the update my 920 still gets really hot for some tasks. In fact, it's pretty warm right now -_-
    this is one reason why this will probably be my last Nokia device. Mine gets really hot as well.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    i am from indonesia
    i am use provider telkomsel
    can i update firmware my nokia 920 ??
    where can i download firmware ??
    i am use nokia care suite
    why cant connect with my lumia 920 ??
    thanks

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmbjn View Post
    i am from indonesia
    i am use provider telkomsel
    can i update firmware my nokia 920 ??
    where can i download firmware ??
    i am use nokia care suite
    why cant connect with my lumia 920 ??
    thanks
    There's a tutorial explaining how to manually update your firmware somewhere in the forum. I followed that to update my Indonesian 920 and it worked like a charm. Do take note though that it will void your warranty. ;)
  4. DFB

I actually just did a random update check and it found some, how do I know if it's Portico ? (it stayed glued as Serpico on my memory sack :)) ) and it's Romania mind you..

15 minutes later, still preparing to install..
    Last edited by DFB; 01-24-2013 at 12:31 PM.
  5. DFB

first thought: it might be the excitement but I don't think the phone gets as hot anymore!
    Camera Chick likes this.
    Banned

I updated to Portico yesterday and today my phone froze for the first time ever! Had to do a soft reset. Network: EE UK
    Developer

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Hold power button + volume down

Updated to Portico yesterday. All went and is going very well. Definitely some minor improvements in many areas.
    I don't see the VPN feature that was rumored to be included. What a pain, when we will get one? Is there anything I could do to use a VPN on WP8?

My story:
    Purchased unbranded and unlocked Nokia 920 in December.
    Continual much reported rebooting issue until in early January it rebooted then crashed never to boot up again. It would boot up to the Nokia logo screen then a blue windows screen with no Windows Phone logo, then just go back to a rebooting cycle.
    Took it to Nokia Care who flashed it with the Portico update. Lost all my photos as Skydrive cleverly set to upload sh1tty low res images. Booted up the phone again and no info about using skydrive backup to restore phone so had to reinstall/reconfigure all apps. Gotta say, no local backup option is a joke.

No random reboots occurring after Portico update and photos are noticeably better quality than before. Also figured out that if I change phone region to U.S. it allows the syncing of full res images and video to Skydrive - why this is only available in the US region setup I don't know...

Today however, I went to check my phone... dead. Had to hold the volume down/lock for what seemed like 20 seconds to get it back to life. Must have been a severe crash as phone date and time were set back to 1st Sep 2012 00:00.

I really want to like WP8 - the design and UI is excellent along with many other features others have mentioned. But it is hard work. Yes iOS is boring and not as well integrated as WP8 however I will give it until Apollo+ to sort out these issues as a smartphone is a tool that needs to be reliable and WP8 is anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    first thought: it might be the excitement but I don't think the phone gets as hot anymore!
    Hi,

I am also from Romania and intend on buying the 920 when it's available at Orange. I suppose you bought it neverlocked.

How do you like the phone? Do you have any issues with it? How's call quality and battery life?

Thanks in advance!

after portico update Bluetooth now auto reconnects to car and headphones. But I still getting Bluetooth audio streaming issues like clicking and skipping and phone will freeze up if I use bt audio and internet sharing at the same time.

Just bookmarking.

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts
    After exchanging my new phone for battery issues, and it's freezing issues. I've noticed that Portico runs fine and I'm hesitant to update the Nokia settings and stuff showing up because my battery has been great since and I'm afraid that updating those will kill my battery again.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    My battery life has been amazing since the update as well, no issues at all.
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
    Firmware: 8.0.10517.150
    Network: Tele2 Sweden

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    apparently, EE 920 has a new firmware available on navifirm, plugged my phone into NCS and it told me out of date on 1232.5951.1249.1017, there was a 1232.5951.1249.1018 available now, any news on that???

Just in case it helps somebody else - my phone kept getting really hot and burning through battery after Portico so I did a couple of things. One was to adjust the brightness to auto (it was set to high) - I believe that's fairly common. The other was to turn apps off that were working in the background all the time (CNN, Weather apps etc.) - the latter has made a massive difference. I just have BBC, Battery and Network Dashboard now, no problems. One of the main drains seemed to be gMaps

Since I upgraded the battery lasts very little. What can i do?

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear about your issues Have you check your background apps list If you have a whole bunch of background apps that can affect your bttery life. Also if your receptions not great or marginal that can be a real drainer. Haven't experienced any issues with battery life myself except in marginal reception areas. I also have a car charger, a charger at the office, and one at home.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

I have had a complete nightmare since the Portico update (UK EE contract) The first firmware that I Ieft the phone to download was seemingly corrupt, constant jamming re-booting, every problem you can imagine. Downloaded the firmware from Navi and flashed myself and that created even more problems, corrupted graphics, freezing, re-booting. I am now waiting for UPS to collect it.. never had to do this with a phone before, very disappointed as I always associated Nokia with quality. Not exactly a great start with Windows, will make me think twice when this phone comes to be replaced. Makes me appreciate my old Iphone as I could have had this matter sorted in hours by visiting the apple store. Really hope the turnaround is quick now and that when it returns it gives me no further issues.

Quote Originally Posted by klcow View Post
    apparently, EE 920 has a new firmware available on navifirm, plugged my phone into NCS and it told me out of date on 1232.5951.1249.1017, there was a 1232.5951.1249.1018 available now, any news on that???
    I flashed .1018 last night (have had the CV UK version on my EE phone until now, but I'm heading to the US for a while later this month so wanted to get LTE enabled). I've observed the following:
    1. Wallet is now fully enabled (this may have been the reason for the recent store outages, so a coincidence, but I can now choose to use my mobile bill for app purchases - haven't tried it yet though)
    2. Call reject to SMS is not enabled on incoming call screen but option exists in phone settings
    3. OS version unchanged - 8.0.10211.204
    4. Either ENS is enabled in this ROM or the ENS setting survives a reflash

General performance (signal, battery) appear unchanged but a few hours isn't really enough to be conclusive. I am pretty sure that the phone is running cooler, and I am not catching it looking for it's location as frequently, but this could just be coincidence.
    klcow likes this.

Still no update. How and where do I need to look to see if I already have it? My phone is only 8 days old.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    this is one reason why this will probably be my last Nokia device. Mine gets really hot as well.
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=45&tstart=0
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Quote Originally Posted by uswebworx View Post
    Still no update. How and where do I need to look to see if I already have it? My phone is only 8 days old.
    Settings - Phone update - Check for updates. You need data connection to check, WiFi to download if its a big one.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by musik103 View Post
    Just in case it helps somebody else - my phone kept getting really hot and burning through battery after Portico so I did a couple of things. One was to adjust the brightness to auto (it was set to high) - I believe that's fairly common. The other was to turn apps off that were working in the background all the time (CNN, Weather apps etc.) - the latter has made a massive difference. I just have BBC, Battery and Network Dashboard now, no problems. One of the main drains seemed to be gMaps
    That is the very first thing that ALL sites tell you to do to improve battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by how1ard View Post
    That is the very first thing that ALL sites tell you to do to improve battery life.
    That may be, if only I had the time to browse through all those sites! I'd not seen it elsewhere.

Glad to know it annoyed you so much you felt the need to make a comment though
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast