Portico Update Feedback

unkleknuklefunk

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've. Revived more updates for my 920 in the last week and a half then I have ever received in my entire 15 years being with. At&t I am so glad I switched from my HTC titan to Nokia its about time there is a manufacturer that has there **** together with customer support thank u so much Nokia. I have always enjoyed Using all of the Nokia phones I have owned. I hope Nokia keeps up the momentum. Thinking back I have never owned a Nokia phone I didn't thouroly enjoy and I must have owned twenty or so over the last 15 years keep it up NOKIA !!!!

spacewedgie

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
is it a big lag or just noticeable? My screen refresh rate doesn't seem as smooth anymore . Like there's a little fuzzy jerky motion

it's pretty noticeable. It's almost as if the phone completely freezes for a half a second the starts moving again. it also does it a lot on transition like when you open the pictures hub the back ground image shows halfway then everything stops then it all pops into place.

Kim Cong

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm moving to the US next week. So I want to ask if my international version of lumia 920 has an at&t sim card in it, would i be able to get this update? Thanks in advance

Dale Ski

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi I'm moving to the US next week. So I want to ask if my international version of lumia 920 has an at&t sim card in it, would i be able to get this update? Thanks in advance

Simple answer is no that update is only for AT&T branded 920's and not an international one with an AT&T sim inside it.

theBrknSystm

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have issues with the people hub loading data slowly on WiFi and or pictures not loading? Turn WiFi off and data loads fast and pictures display properly. No issue prior to update.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a new bug. Every time I get home I use the Toggle app to switch off cellular data turn on WiFi. When I'm not home, Cellular data works fine. However, sometimes the little 4G icon disappears, even if I tap the bar to see all my icons. This never happened before the update, and I can still use cellular, it just doesn't show the icon at times.
Anyone else having this bug?

sapperdad17

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Love the new features. Only two bad things left.

1. Battery life is worse now, I hardly get 11 hours on minimal use. Ugh!
2. Fix the music DRM issue! I've already went over my 2GB plan for the month and it doesn't roll over for another 2 weeks. Ughhh. I should not have to stream music, I want it on my phone.

Andrew Benz

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
My phone is actually worse after the updates, I think. Before, I would periodically get a 20 minute or so lock up after trying to pair the phone with my car. Now, I can tell when that would have happened because instead of playing my previous podcast, it would play "(-) Ions" by Tool (not a great song to have play when you're not expecting it!!) since it's the first track on my phone, alphabetically. But instead of a 20 minute lock, it's only about 5 seconds now. So I thought everything was good.

Well, on Dec. 23rd I went to check my phone when I woke up and it was off. I just figured the battery had died (which didn't seem right, but oh well). The same thing happened on the 24th. Yesterday, my Christmas gift was a white "Nokia" logo on my phone ALL DAY. Nothing I did made a difference. I just let it die overnight and so far it's working again. We'll see how long that lasts, though.

It just really sucks because I do really like WP8...

striker1064

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My phone is freezing/locking up/requiring a hard reset through normal use after updating. I've been through two separate phones with the same issue and I have no idea what the problem is.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You folks with battery life issues should post up some screen shots of the app "mybattery", which graphs your battery level.

My battery went from full at 7:37 am yesterday to 19% at 1:07 am this morning, a high usage day because I was off work. 17 hours or so and I still had life.

I had wifi on all day. I have facebook, twitter, work email and hotmail syncing. I took a ton of pics and shared several of them with facebook, was on several calls with family, spent an extensive time browsing news apps and playing civilization (which chews battery and heats up the phone).

I have CNN, Groupon, Livescape, myBattery, TvShow, and Weather Channel allowed to run in the background... the rest are blocked because I don't need them running in the background.

I have bluetooth and NFC turned off and I have screen brightness set to auto.

I'd really like to see some of these logs.

Here's mine: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

The times where the graph falls dramatically are where I'm playing civ. The couple times where it levels out I wasn't using the phone at all.

Last edited:

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I flashed the APAC HK Portico ROM last night on my EE UK 920 and I have to say everything is a lot better. I didn't have any problems with my phone before, but now the camera is improved and Wi-Fi always on works as it should. I am getting similar battery life even with Wi-Fi always on. The only problem is that the Bluetooth hasn't been fixed yet. It never connected with my Windows 8 laptop before and it still doesn't.

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Camera still needs a lot of work. Sorry but I expected a lot from this camera and my i5 still wins. Love the phone but it needs some major polishing.

Sent from my 64gig "New" iPad using Tapatalk

Yudy Herwibowo

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
is it safe to flash back to the original firmware? or downgrading from 1232.5951.1249.1002 to 1232.5951.1249.1001? this is so new to me. i read flashing a downgrade version of firmware may cause brick to your device. can anyone tell me? many thanks in advance

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Camera still needs a lot of work. Sorry but I expected a lot from this camera and my i5 still wins. Love the phone but it needs some major polishing.

Sent from my 64gig "New" iPad using Tapatalk

I respectfully disagree, the camera is not just about outdoor day shots, most of the pictures I take, wedding receptions, birthday parties, thanksgiving, christmas, new year's eve party, etc. are mostly indoors where the Lumia shines, and now after the portico update, sharpness issues with outdoor seem to have been addressed, I would like to see another comparison post update.

So lets see, day outdoor: probably tie after portico but I'll give to i5 until I see new tests. Indoor day shots go to Lumia, night shot outdoors goes to lumia, night shots indoor go to Lumia.

And what about video? Check out this comparison from TechRadar and make sure you view in HD, I saw this video on my 64" Samsung D7000 and the difference is HUGE, the Lumia footage is much sharper, notice especially the leaves on the tree and color staturation and blacks, and we're not even taking image stabilization into account:

Nokia Lumia 920 vs iPhone 5 HD Video Test - YouTube

For the sake of staying on topic, one thing I did notice that was improved with the Portico update is lens flare, this was a problem with pretty much any light source behind a subject at night, lamp posts or light fixtures would show flares but I can confirm this has been fixed in both photography and video :smile:

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I just made a new thread but my brightness is pulsating between low and high as soon as my update finished...crap.

I installed the update a couple of days ago and I'm also experiencing this issue. I keep my brightness set to auto. Any word on a fix?

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe this has anything to do with Portico, but my battery life has been pretty bad for about a week. I've been in an LTE area during this time. Would that impact battery life in comparison to 4G?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6