Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ynight View Post
    i passed the spining gear about 10 minutes ago and it shows a nokia icon since then....am i stuck?
    it catches on and doingbthe 4 data steps now. Takes about twenty minutes for it to get pass the nokia icon

Mine downloaded everything and is now stuck on the phone update screen with an Update status of "preparing to install 100%" and has been that was for abt 5 min now. I'm not supposed to reboot myself manually am I?

UPDATE: it just started rebooting. So I guess it does stick that way for 5 minutes. So far this is the "chunky"-est slowest update of any phone I've owned

I just made a new thread but my brightness is pulsating between low and high as soon as my update finished...crap.
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by stonedauwg View Post
    Mine downloaded everything and is now stuck on the phone update screen with an Update status of "preparing to install 100%" and has been that was fro abt 5 min now. I'm not supposed to reboot myself manually am I?
    No! At least, don't be so hasty. Mine sat on 100% for a little bit before it asked me to begin the actual update process.

Update: 1.5 hours later it started migrating my data. I wonder why mine is soooo slow. :/

Mine downloaded everything and is now stuck on the phone update screen with an Update status of "preparing to install 100%" and has been that was fro abt 5 min now. I'm not supposed to reboot myself manually am I?
    give it another 10 min or so a message asking you to proceed or not will apear=]

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaliaLumia920 View Post
    Update: 1.5 hours later it started migrating my data. I wonder why mine is soooo slow. :/
    It would be based on the amount of data / apps on your phone. The more information on your phone, the longer it would take.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    thats cant be good

Quote Originally Posted by sjhippie View Post
    I just made a new thread but my brightness is pulsating between low and high as soon as my update finished...crap.
    That's the new deadmau5 setting. Just turn that off under Phone > Settings > Party > Moods :)

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    took 30 mins for me seems to be working pretty damn good. like butter baby

Definite improvement with bluetooth music, much cleaner and no background noise anymore :)

Just started the spinning gears of death. Hope SGOD doesn't become this years' BSOD or GSOD or xbox RROD

That's the new deadmau5 setting. Just turn that off under Phone > Settings > Party > Moods :)
    I wish it was that simple. It's constantly going up and down every few seconds. Any way to roll back?

Why, oh why can't you just stick custom SMS notification in there MSFT, it can't be that hard, and I've read the books ate already there.... :-(
    Sent from my white Lumia 920 using Board Express

After the update I can finally connect to my corporate network that uses PEAP.
    WPenvy likes this.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaliaLumia920 View Post
    I've been having intermittent issues with the phone for the past 3 days, it seems like I will need to swap this for another Lumia 920 (especially if it gets stuck updating forever). Luckily, I am still within the 14 day time period so I shouldn't have too much difficulty exchanging it. I've been having issues with battery life (usually dies within 6-8 hours), no audio on calls (must soft reset to fix), data connection cuts in and out, and now it seems to be stuck in the middle of the Portico update.
    Ya seems like u have a bad unit. a really bad unit.

Quote Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
    Definite improvement with bluetooth music, much cleaner and no background noise anymore :)
    Agreed. I used the hear the voice of my dead grandma. Now I don't. Now there's a tiny voice telling me to buy Nokia accessories though. Weird
    Thanked by:
    Wokia 
    Vavali likes this.

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts
    Music seems to be louder

Quote Originally Posted by sjhippie View Post
    I wish it was that simple. It's constantly going up and down every few seconds. Any way to roll back?
    In all seriousness, yes, just use that sticky thread about flashing to fix a bricked phone. worked for me when mine was bricked after reset.

Quote Originally Posted by benatman View Post
    After the update I can finally connect to my corporate network that uses PEAP.
    Is that like peep, as in spying?

finally updated.. took about 20-30 ..including all of the extra updates... Did a quick shot to test the camera outside .. and definitely noticeable difference in the camera no more softness.. i am by no means a camera expert but I can see the difference.. great update!

Definitely big difference in the pictures...that annoying question does this look fuzzy or do I need glasses or something is gone!!!! :P

Wow, that was fast for the SGOD, only 2 minutes. Now doing the data migration. Wonder what it's migrating to?
    I've been stuck on the spinning gear for about 2 hours now....should I be worried?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast