Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Phone seems to be a little more responsive, it looks a little brighter at mid brightness. The camera has definitely improved sharpness at the expense of a little noise, but I guess that’s to be expected.

Me tile is updated shows more info in notifications

so I updated my 920 this afternoon and it rebooting and i got past the spinning gears and since then it's been cycling between the at&t screen and the nokia screen endlessly just cycling between the two and never fully starting up. any suggestions? I'm getting desperate!!

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhippie View Post
    I wish it was that simple. It's constantly going up and down every few seconds. Any way to roll back?
    You can always flash via Nokia Care Suite. It will loose all of your data but you can go back to the old version or even attempt a nice clean load of the latest.

new camera makes me look fat. Other than that good update - only 12 minutes
    MaliaLumia920 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by the_coolestnerd View Post
    I've been stuck on the spinning gear for about 2 hours now....should I be worried?
    SGOD!!!!! Keep the faith (the that wireless battery going) man. Maybe it will come back

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Anybody who was having issues playing corporate voicemail wav files try it after the update? Not sure if that issue would be resolved this quick or not.

Global Posts
    1,338 Global Posts
    I didn't see Migrating data status.... it took 20 mins yet can't see the reply with sms feature..

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I manually flashed using Nokia Care and noticed ##3282# no longer works for getting into the Test Menu. Can anyone else confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by phirefly View Post
    You can always flash via Nokia Care Suite. It will loose all of your data but you can go back to the old version or even attempt a nice clean load of the latest.
    Ah man, that freaking sucks. It was fine before the update too. It's really weird, the brightness just keeps going up and down. Dammit, thats what I get for being excited.

Looks like after today's AT&T Lumia 920 software update (1232.5951.1249.0001), dialing ##3282# no longer accesses the Field Test menu to allow selecting network speed (LTE, HSPA+, etc.). Now, it just triggers the SMS message tone and displays USSD and your mobile phone number on a new screen. Before the update, I had ENS toggled off and network settings to 3G only. I wonder if the update toggled ENS back to "on" and reset network back to "automatic"? I'll have to drive to an area that has LTE and see if it switches from "4G". Has anyone else noticed this and/or found another way to get into the network settings after the update?

Quote Originally Posted by sjhippie View Post
    Dammit, thats what I get for being excited.
    I too got something once for being excited. A restraining order
    Vavali likes this.

has anyone seen if it fixes the bug where the store tile never shows updates?
    Curse this app gap!

Just had a horribly twisted idea, use a screenshot of the SGOD as someone's lock screen picture with no date/calendar status overlays etc ! They'll pee their pants!
    WPenvy likes this.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I paid massively to get it in my country

Quote Originally Posted by Luiskp View Post
    I paid massively to get it in my country
    Best out of context quote of the year

observations:

- call reply by text only is present & works...only if the contact is in your phone as a "mobile" entry
    - wi-fi is active during screen timeout & stays connected, confirmed through my router
    - sound leveling function is present, would be nice if we could use this for bluetooth headsets as well

questions:
    How does one edit/add to the SMS replys?

Quote Originally Posted by erzhik View Post
    You paid massively more not to get in front of update line, but you paid more to get an unlock and small stuff like headphones in the box.
    I paid massively more for the unlocked device, part of which is the fact that I shouldn't have to wait for Nokia to screw around with operators when it comes to updates. When Nokia is done with an update, they should be delivering it to all the devices that are compatible with it. If it works on AT&T and Rogers devices, then it's blatantly ready for devices that haven't got operator customisations.

I get that updates are phased, but preferring two operators to everyone else takes the ****.

Finally, there are more countries in the world than the US and Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrocs View Post
    observations:

- call reply by text only is present & works...only if the contact is in your phone as a "mobile" entry
    questions:
    How does one edit/add to the SMS replys?
    isn't that how it should work? I don't want to waste time texting a landline.

You can edit these in phone settings

Also, were "Me" tile notifications as detailed before? They have the actual info now

Looks like after today's AT&T Lumia 920 software update (1232.5951.1249.0001), dialing ##3282# no longer accesses the Field Test menu to allow selecting network speed (LTE, HSPA+, etc.). Now, it just triggers the SMS message tone and displays USSD and your mobile phone number on a new screen. Before the update, I had ENS toggled off and network settings to 3G only. I wonder if the update toggled ENS back to "on" and reset network back to "automatic"? I'll have to drive to an area that has LTE and see if it switches from "4G". Has anyone else noticed this and/or found another way to get into the network settings after the update?
    Same thing here. My LTE wasn't working so I turned it to 3G only some time ago hoping this update would fix the radio. Now I can't get back to Field Test Mode to try out LTE. It's my fault and it's not like the phone's working any differently. But I would've liked to see if I can use LTE now. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewkeith5 View Post
    Finally, there are more countries in the world than the US and Canada.
    Actually not true. I checked. One time, at band camp, we marched off the end of Long Island, NY, expecting, you know, to find another so-called country. Yeah, well, guess what. Just a bunch of WATER! I know, I know, I was told the same lies for years about there being a world outside US/Canada. What a joke. Hey teachers, leave them kids alone man!
    Vavali likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    Anybody who was having issues playing corporate voicemail wav files try it after the update? Not sure if that issue would be resolved this quick or not.
    Negative. Still doesn't work.
    Last edited by chrismarts; 12-19-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Adding quoted message.
    Thanked by:
    tk-093 

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez Jr. View Post

isn't that how it should work? I don't want to waste time texting a landline.
    ideally, but if its a person not in your address book it defaults to not give the option

You can edit these in phone settings
    thank you!

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismarts View Post
    Negative. Still doesn't work.
    Ok, thanks for checking.

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaliaLumia920 View Post
    Update: 1.5 hours later it started migrating my data. I wonder why mine is soooo slow. :/
    Good god... Is your phone phone full of music? I only have 10GBs of free space left on my 920.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast