Portico Update Feedback

WPer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You paid massively more not to get in front of update line, but you paid more to get an unlock and small stuff like headphones in the box.

And you definitely pay less in service charge compared to those who have to keep the $60+/mo contract.

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I wish, juan6996, that "display+touch" was listed, but it is not. As stated, I am not sure what this app does, but the phone functions without it. Perhaps if I could reinstall the Win 8 update, the "display+touch" issue would be worked out. I am guessing that this portion of the downloaded system update was corrupt. For others who are having issues, perhaps that is also the case. Without doing a hard reset of the phone, is it possible to download the update over the existing one?

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I wish, juan6996, that "display+touch" was listed, but it is not. As stated, I am not sure what this app does, but the phone functions without it. Perhaps if I could reinstall the Win 8 update, the "display+touch" issue would be worked out. I am guessing that this portion of the downloaded system update was corrupt. For others who are having issues, perhaps that is also the case. Without doing a hard reset of the phone, is it possible to download the update over the existing one?
You have 3 options, i guess.
-Ignore display+touch, as your phone works.
-Go here: display+touch | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) and try to download the update
-Flash your phone with the new firmware using Care Suite (most dangerous)

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Juan6996, thank you for the suggestions. As mentioned, I have another thread running, so perhaps it is rude of me to post comments in the "Portico" thread as well. Over the years, I have only posted a few remarks on this exceptional website, but that does not excuse me from knowing the rules. Still, I appreciate the help. I did go to the windowsphone.com site and attempt to download the ap, but I was only presented with a "share" option. Flashing the firmware option makes me nervous. I salute those who succeed in the mission, but I cannot imagine jumping in.

Thanks again.

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I recall touching the screen during the system update procedure. That may well have interferred with the installation and somehow affected the "display+touch" portion of the installation.

juan6996

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I recall touching the screen during the system update procedure. That may well have interferred with the installation and somehow affected the "display+touch" portion of the installation.
Could be, but I doubt it. Well, this had to do with the update problems so I think we're still on topic lol.
If you don't mind loosing your data, you could reset the phone to factory, and that might fix your issue. You WILL loose all of your locally saved data. To do this, go to settings, about, scroll to the bottom, and tap "reset your phone". Are you currently having issues with the display/brightness?

Jiggernauts

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is going to sound out but since the update I keep hitting the coma button instead of the spacebar. Did the change the size of the spacebar button or did the alter the zone for where the button push is registered?

Please let me know of I coincidently started this problem on my own after the update or if it was the update. Lol

Also, they never fixed the issue in the "Post an Update" section of "Me" where the keyboard won't go into landscape mode.

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The display/brightness seems to be fine, juan6996, but I have not given the phone much attention other than to chastise it for letting me down. Actually, considering that I seem to be the only person experiencing the issue, perhaps touching the screen during the update was the problem. I think the phone needs to rest. If that doesn't work, a reset may be in order, but I really would rather wait and see if another update helps.

Thanks again.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Update went really well was very quick. Installed the display+touch update first. I turned on the Wi-Fi keepalive option. I kinda wonder why this doesn't default to 'on'. I'm sure if it did it would suddenly upset some fringe group of people, but if it's really the best option, it should be defaulted that way. I thought the camera was great before, so I guess I have nothing else to add.

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Update went fine here .. Bluetooth is much quicker now and have not had issues yet with disconnecting or freezes using it. That was my main issue before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3