Portico Update Feedback

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have any problem with the update process itself. I started at around 12:30PM and it took about 30 minutes total. However, I can certainly say that they have not fixed the reliability issue as I have already had one "lock up" this evening.

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Am I correct in assuming that "Developer Device" Lumia 920's as given out at Build 2012 won't get the update even if they're on AT&T's network?

MaliaLumia920

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I ended up going to the AT&T store and swapping my problematic Lumia 920 for a new one this afternoon. I'm in the process of updating the new one and it seems like it will be finished in less than 30 minutes. :)

Good god... Is your phone phone full of music? I only have 10GBs of free space left on my 920.

No, I had almost 20GB of free space left on my original phone.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The download and install went smooth. I feel this update does nothing for us. The sms feature is nice but should have been in from the start, other that that I feel that there is absolutely no reason why this update should have taken more than 5minutes to complete. Also imho the camera update doesn't make that much of a difference. I was hoping for more

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The download and install went smooth. I feel this update does nothing for us. The sms feature is nice but should have been in from the start, other that that I feel that there is absolutely no reason why this update should have taken more than 5minutes to complete. Also imho the camera update doesn't make that much of a difference. I was hoping for more

Said by someone who has never worked as a software engineer.

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Update went great. My Bluetooth is now working on my 2007 BMW X5. Before update, it would not even pair. Overall, no issues after the update. I'm on AT&T.

RonnieJP

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Same thing here. My LTE wasn't working so I turned it to 3G only some time ago hoping this update would fix the radio. Now I can't get back to Field Test Mode to try out LTE. It's my fault and it's not like the phone's working any differently. But I would've liked to see if I can use LTE now. Oh well.

Try powering off the phone and then remove the SIM card. Power the phone back on without the SIM installed. You will get the typical "Invalid SIM" message, just choose "continue".
Then, power off the phone, reinsert the SIM card and power back on. I got a pop-up message after boot "Your phone has been reset to GSM mode" (or something like that).
This apparently re-registers your service and sets the phone back to the automatic network setting, so it will get LTE, 4G (HSDPA+ 3G), Edge, depending on your coverage area.
This has worked for others as well.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going to the AT&T store and swapping my problematic Lumia 920 for a new one this afternoon. I'm in the process of updating the new one and it seems like it will be finished in less than 30 minutes. :)

Happy for you. was feeling your frustration :)

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I got home from work (no WIFI there) and installed the update. Everything went well only took about 15 minutes to install after the download. I am testing it out now.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
dude ios 6 took 15 min to install on a 3gs

No, it doesn't. It takes 2 hours to download via itunes, then it takes 2 hours to back up your phone, 30 minutes to send the update to the phone, 20 minutes for the phone to reboot, then another hour to restore the phone via itunes. The minor point releases that are mini updates of a few 100k, sure. Going from iOS5 to iOS6, not so much.

Icbuono5

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The update was smooth sailing for me, probably took less than 15 minutes for me for it to finish installing and load everything back up. I'm really pleased with the update! I'm surprised how much the image quality has improved...you can notice it a lot easier after you take a picture then zoom into your photo and the image is much sharper than before the update.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
No, it doesn't. It takes 2 hours to download via itunes, then it takes 2 hours to back up your phone, 30 minutes to send the update to the phone, 20 minutes for the phone to reboot, then another hour to restore the phone via itunes. The minor point releases that are mini updates of a few 100k, sure. Going from iOS5 to iOS6, not so much.

I'm not sure why we are talking about iPhone in this thread but lets get back on track... Chop! Chop! :winktongue:

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

No, I had almost 20GB of free space left on my original phone.

Ermagerd.... -_- It's going to take mine forever :'(

Danny Steiger

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
After the Portico update I can no longer stream youtube videos, it tells me an error occurred. Metrotube is no better. I have some downloaded youtube videos on the Youtube Downloader app, and I can watch those, but when I try to download or stream any other videos it tells me "Suitable video format was not found." Any tips on how to get my video streaming capabilities back?!

Appreciate the help!

AT&T Lumia 920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3