Portico Update Feedback

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
After the Portico update I can no longer stream youtube videos, it tells me an error occurred. Metrotube is no better. I have some downloaded youtube videos on the Youtube Downloader app, and I can watch those, but when I try to download or stream any other videos it tells me "Suitable video format was not found." Any tips on how to get my video streaming capabilities back?!

Appreciate the help!

AT&T Lumia 920

I believe that's a Youtube issue. There was a story today on WPCentral about how Google changed some backend settings that borked a lot of stuff. Google's changes result in MetroTube being hidden from Store | Windows Phone Central

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
It's only been half a day or so but crashes have stopped for me. Before Portico, I got a random reset / freeze (more often than not a freeze) once every few days or maybe twice a week. In the 24 hours leading up to the udpate, I got over TWELVE freezes. All doing random things too:

- Reading exchange email
- Reading gmail (multiple times)
- Web browsing
- Nokia drive+ (multiple times)
- Downloading software updates (multiple times)

The best one was the phone froze up once during the update download.

So far so good though. Guess time will tell.

ARVI_SD

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
so far good. camera is little better but still produces soft images. does not save same as the image focused at the last moment...

but some added features are very welcome and general performance seems to be improved. i hope this also address some of the battery drain caused by apps (Drive, etc, etc)

as of now i only allow 2 apps to run in background (weather and engadget) frustating

Danny Steiger

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
*grumble* why does google have to be declaring war on Microsoft. So annoying. Certainly doesn't create any good will towards them. Thanks for the response though, I'm hoping that's all it is!

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
After the Portico update I can no longer stream youtube videos, it tells me an error occurred. Metrotube is no better. I have some downloaded youtube videos on the Youtube Downloader app, and I can watch those, but when I try to download or stream any other videos it tells me "Suitable video format was not found." Any tips on how to get my video streaming capabilities back?!

Appreciate the help!

AT&T Lumia 920

This may not be related but ever since the update I've noticed that to get a video to play in MetroTube I had to repeatedly tap it very quickly or else it wouldn't load, not sure if that'll work for you or not but its worth a shot.

Per Mathisen

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Its totally unacceptable that other Lumia 920 have to wait 2 months extra to get the update. Firmware is ready. Why not push it out to everyone. How hard could it be?

king roger

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. Installed last Friday and rebooted at least 3 times since then. Thinking of sending my HTC 8x back as worried maybe its a duff unit. Random rebooting shouldn't be happening in this day and age, my Nexus One was solid as a rock.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I wish, juan6996, that "display+touch" was listed, but it is not. As stated, I am not sure what this app does, but the phone functions without it. Perhaps if I could reinstall the Win 8 update, the "display+touch" issue would be worked out. I am guessing that this portion of the downloaded system update was corrupt. For others who are having issues, perhaps that is also the case. Without doing a hard reset of the phone, is it possible to download the update over the existing one?

Here are some Nokia updates. I don't have portica as I have unlocked, but could be still beneficial to go through these. I found two updates that my phone didn't find automatically before.

Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions

rlatarche

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
The new firmware and OS update seems to have sped up NFC too the wireless charging stand now appears to have a new basic default app - Weather & Calender that opens instantly when you use NFC on the stand

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Before you flash your phone with the older software, you should know that there is new setting that's probably causing your brightness problem. Go to settings>display+touch. There are two new options that are on my default. Sunlight readability and Brightness with battery saver. If you turn both of those off, you can also just try to set your brightness manually.​

I noticed my brightness fluctuating as well after the update, it's down right annoying, I'll see if your display+touch suggestion works. I set Brightness with Battery Saver to OFF and so far so good :)

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine still has issues with the wireless charger. It locks up overnight.

My wife's device had the same issue, I also blamed it on the wireless charger since that's where it sat when it would shut off and only come back on after a soft reset, but then I noticed it would just happen with the wired charger as well or when in sleep mode for a very long time. This never happened to mine so we replaced hers and she's been fine since.

ipeefreeli

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
My wife's device had the same issue, I also blamed it on the wireless charger since that's where it sat when it would shut off and only come back on after a soft reset, but then I noticed it would just happen with the wired charger as well or when in sleep mode for a very long time. This never happened to mine so we replaced hers and she's been fine since.

I'm having the exact problem with mine. It would shut off and require a soft reset to turn back on. It only seems to happen late a night for me though.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Camera is MUCH better. Nothing else about it is terribly noticeable for me. I'm extremely happy with the camera now and the update process was smooth as silk.

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response, CaptDjob. I have tried using my QR code reader with the "display+touch" code that you very kindly posted. I am frustrated that the only option available is "share". Perhaps there will soon be an upgrade for the feature and that will fix the problem. By the way, there were a few upgrades that I installed prior to receiving the system upgrade. I don't recall if one of them was for "display+touch". Was it a separate update or was it included in Portico?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz