Portico Update Feedback

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
If you've updated your Nokia Lumia 920 with the Portico Update, share your experiences here.
Whether you're on AT&T or Rogers, tell us the good, the bad and the ugly of your updating experience.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What?s new

The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider.

Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 920 is SW 1232.5951.1249.0001
?More efficient Messaging, allowing you to save draft messages, edit forwarded multimedia messages, select multiple recipients at once, and respond to a call with a text message
?Improved performance, audio quality, and connection stability for Bluetooth
?Improved battery level metering
?Improved stability, speed, and functionality for the camera
?Can now better control data costs: you can prevent automatic fallback from a Wi-Fi network to a mobile data network and keep Wi-Fi always on to off-load network usage to Wi-Fi
?Performance and stability improvements

Lets hope users can testify to this update log.

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What’s new

The availability of this update may depend on your network service provider.

Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 920 is SW 1232.5951.1249.0001
•More efficient Messaging, allowing you to save draft messages, edit forwarded multimedia messages, select multiple recipients at once, and respond to a call with a text message
•Improved performance, audio quality, and connection stability for Bluetooth
•Improved battery level metering
•Improved stability, speed, and functionality for the camera
•Can now better control data costs: you can prevent automatic fallback from a Wi-Fi network to a mobile data network and keep Wi-Fi always on to off-load network usage to Wi-Fi
•Performance and stability improvements

Lets hope users can testify to this update log.

is the camera update included in this? or is that a separate update?

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I've loved my 920 from the start. I can't compare it to an old one so here is what I think I see in addition to what is known.

Do Not Track in IE settings (still waiting for inPrivate mode)
I feel like the ease of access settings have changed but it's not something I normally use.
Display+touch updates already included.
chat backup. did this exist before?

Other than that, I've still had several lockups but I also noticed this morning that Drive+ wouldn't open for me so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and haven't locked up again yet so maybe/hopefully that was my issue.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I've loved my 920 from the start. I can't compare it to an old one so here is what I think I see in addition to what is known.

Do Not Track in IE settings (still waiting for inPrivate mode)
I feel like the ease of access settings have changed but it's not something I normally use.
Display+touch updates already included.
chat backup. did this exist before?

Other than that, I've still had several lockups but I also noticed this morning that Drive+ wouldn't open for me so I uninstalled and reinstalled it and haven't locked up again yet so maybe/hopefully that was my issue.

Do not track was there from the start. That's nothing new.

LevSer

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't unbranded devices be updated first since they have stock firmware, making them easier/safer to update? February 2013 seems a bit unacceptable.

Deejvid

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
WPenvy: Understand that you feel that way if you like it =) Seeing as you live in the Florida and will update long before me, could you give me a shout if anything changes?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
My feedback is Nokia is taking the proverbial. It is absolutely ridiculous that those of who had to wait longer and pay MASSIVELY more for an unbranded device should be forced to wait months for an update that is already available and finished.

Last edited:

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Installing now - very impressed by the fact that ATT/Rogers actually got the update prior to International - that's definitely a first. I'd agree though that Feb 2013 is quite a bit of wait... My guess is they're trying to minimize thrash to their support center, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3