Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Naturewriter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
       #1  
    Greetings to all,

    This is my first post, so please excuse me if I should have added this to another post rather than starting a new topic. About one hour ago, I updated my AT&T 920. The Windows update went well, but now the "Display+Touch" feature does not work. The line "display+touch" followed by "adjust" is shown, but when I click on the line, an error box appears. It reads "Can't be opened. An app update may be available." I cannot find an update or any listing in the store. Has anyone else encountered this problem after installing today's update?

    Thank you for your time.
  2. sjhippie's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    74 Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturewriter View Post
    Greetings to all,

    This is my first post, so please excuse me if I should have added this to another post rather than starting a new topic. About one hour ago, I updated my AT&T 920. The Windows update went well, but now the "Display+Touch" feature does not work. The line "display+touch" followed by "adjust" is shown, but when I click on the line, an error box appears. It reads "Can't be opened. An app update may be available." I cannot find an update or any listing in the store. Has anyone else encountered this problem after installing today's update?


    Thank you for your time.
    Check you store tile. Those need to be updated separately from the OS. I just noticed on mine that they didn't either
  3. Naturewriter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
       #3  
    Thanks, sjhippie, but I cannot find a listing for display+touch in the store, either under Nokia or AT&T. I have performed two soft resets (down volume and power) but the error persists. Everything worked fine prior to the major update. There were a few updates this morning, but "display+touch" was not one of them.

    I know this is not a major issue, but if you or anyone else can chime in, I would greatly appreciate it.
  4. ynight's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturewriter View Post
    Thanks, sjhippie, but I cannot find a listing for display+touch in the store, either under Nokia or AT&T. I have performed two soft resets (down volume and power) but the error persists. Everything worked fine prior to the major update. There were a few updates this morning, but "display+touch" was not one of them.

    I know this is not a major issue, but if you or anyone else can chime in, I would greatly appreciate it.
    I believe I actually have the display update built in the portico update. It shows two new settings there right after i updated my phone..You may want to try update display touch separetly or hardrest...those system apps cant be found in the store, however, people post QR codes in the forum that allows you to manually update that, there's also a post here tells how to do that manually through windowsphone.com if you can find it...
  5. Naturewriter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
       #5  
    Thanks for the information, ynight. This is the first issue I have had with my phone. It is, however, particularly frustrating when I consider that all was well prior to installing the update. You mention that I might wish to update display+touch separately, but tapping on the feature only brings up the "can't be opened message," thus I am unable to update it separately. Thanks also for letting me know that it is a system app and unavailable in the store. I cannot, however, understand why the "an app update may be available" remark is noted when I tap the feature if I cannot locate the app in the store. Ah well.

    I have found the post that lists the QR codes. I will give that a try. Perhaps doing so will bring the feature back.

    Finally, I am not certain what the app's purpose is, but I have not used it in the past, thus it may be possible that I won't miss it.

    Thanks for the help.
  6. ynight's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturewriter View Post
    Thanks for the information, ynight. This is the first issue I have had with my phone. It is, however, particularly frustrating when I consider that all was well prior to installing the update. You mention that I might wish to update display+touch separately, but tapping on the feature only brings up the "can't be opened message," thus I am unable to update it separately. Thanks also for letting me know that it is a system app and unavailable in the store. I cannot, however, understand why the "an app update may be available" remark is noted when I tap the feature if I cannot locate the app in the store. Ah well.

    I have found the post that lists the QR codes. I will give that a try. Perhaps doing so will bring the feature back.

    Finally, I am not certain what the app's purpose is, but I have not used it in the past, thus it may be possible that I won't miss it.

    Thanks for the help.
    This is the super sensitive touch setting which allows you to operate the phone with gloves on. Your best bet is still to try get an update on it see if it works, otherwise you may need to wipe your phone. When I first got mine, the audio setting wouldn't open for me and I have to do a hard ret to bring that to live. **** things do happen sometimes, but that's part of the fun of smartphones though

    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
  7. Naturewriter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
       #7  
    Considering that I do not often wear gloves while using my phone, ynight, perhaps I can get along without the feature.

    I just tried accessing the QR code. The app came up, but with only a "share" option rather than a download. I assume that is because "display+touch" is on my phone, but I get an error when attempting to use the feature. Perhaps at some point another update will arrive and that will coax the feature into cooperating again. As I opined in another thread, I think that the system download was corrupted regarding the update of the feature. I wish I could reinstall the system update over the existing one. Then again, there are many users who would probably love to have the update available but will have to wait until early next year. I suspect that many would gladly surrender the "display+touch" feature if system update was provided to them.
  8. ynight's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #8  
    I personally turn off the feature to save battery. So that's not a hit for me neither. It's handy for people need to go out regularly, but for us who hide inside 70 degree+ office, house, whatever it's mainly something to show off...so as long as you are not bugged by the fact that you know it's bugged, you are just fine leave it untouched till next update..
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
  9. 920Walker's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    119 Posts
    #9  
    Correct. 'Share' means the app, if it is really an app, already exists. I'm a WP noob and can't offer much else, except that the super sensitive touch will also come in handy after the 2012 zombie apocalypse coming in a couple days. I'll be switching over to super sensitive touch so if I get bit the old fingers will still work.
  10. Naturewriter's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
       #10  
    Darn, ynight, you would say if "you are not bugged by the fact that you know it's bugged." I was doing fairly well until then. If another update awakens the feature, I should be fine. Perhaps, maybe, well I think so. 920Walker, I have never thought about zombies, but now I have something else to be concerned about. It was kind of you to offer comments. Perhaps, maybe, well....
  11. Dredghill1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #11  
    UGH. yet another Bug I've run into.
    3 So far in only 2 days. [Freeze up;soft resets, audio;low sound levels after syncing up and or when running dif audio sources requiring another reset, and now the touch feature]
    I live in Minnesota so... it's more than just a convenience when it's freezing out and i'd have to remove my gloves to operate to send out a call.

    But anyways, Now to call nokia. Love w8 phone, but I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into a Windows Desktop experience where EVERY update they do fixes one thing but breaks another. [in my experience]

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 06:27 AM
  2. display+touch doesn't work after update
    By DarrenSproat in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 12:13 PM
  3. LG WCP-700 does not work with the Lumia 920
    By ramrandhawa in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2012, 11:29 PM
  4. Zombies!!! Not working after update
    By CoopII in forum Windows Phone Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 03:14 AM
  5. Voice recognition does not work after Music
    By Piratelooksat40 in forum Samsung Focus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 10:39 AM

Posting Permissions