we users living in other places except US and Canda won't get our updates before February next yeat?

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I think there needs to be some perspective here. Firstly, for all we know Nokia are just lowering expectations because they are not 100% sure how the updates will go. Secondly, this update is out WAY quicker than ever before, so any delay needs to be put in perspective. Thirdly ... only unbranded 8X's also have the update .. which is a small portion of the population, and some of them (very few from what I can see) bricked.

For those that have dev devices, download from Navifirm.

Anyway - I think it's coming more quickly than the conclusions that are currently being jumped to suggest. Next year is not very far away.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: we users living in other places except US and Canda won't get our updates before February next

To the people with a 920 from Europe flash the Belgian portico update for rm-821 i did it and works great, do not flash US/Can version your radio will not work anymore or you will brick the phone

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: we users living in other places except US and Canda won't get our updates before February next

To the people with a 920 from Europe flash the Belgian portico update for rm-821 i did it and works great, do not flash US/Can version your radio will not work anymore or you will brick the phone

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

What software do you use to install the ROM file that you downloaded from navifirm? Phoenix tools?

jwaisanen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Apparently everyone complaining has never owned a Nokia device before. This is the first time EVER that the NAM market has gotten an update first, since it always seemed to take months for us to get updates after the rest of the world. Deal with it, you'll get your updates in due time.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Luckily I don't have any issues with my phone but if I was one of the unlucky ones who have problems with rebooting etc I would not be happy. Improvements and adding features can wait but serious bug fixes that affect day to day reliability should not take months to implement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb