text+chat option missing

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
(*resolved below*)

I noticed that the option is missing from WP8. On my HTC Surround, as long as the user was linked to their fb account, it would say "text+chat" instead of just "text". That way you can choose to either text or send a fb msg in the txt inbox when responding or opening a contact to send a fresh message.

This phone only shows "text". I no longer get fb messages in my inbox combines with my text messages.

Did they remove this feature or am I missing something?

Last edited:

agadgetgeek

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I didn't use the older version but on Windows Phone 8, isn't it the "Switch To" option? Allows me to choose whether to send the message to text or send message to FB with a click of a few buttons.

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Open the Message App >> press "..." in the menu >> Settings >> Enable "Use Facebook Chat".

Ya, I did that but it's not working. I don't get any txt messages from my fb chats and when I click on "switch", it only gives me options for phone numbers to text. On top of that the contact profiles only say "text" and not "text+chat"....it's like the setting is on....but it has no effect.

All my fb contacts show up on my contacts and I linked them all to the the associated contacts as I did my old phone. So it should show *all* txt/msg options under each but it only shows phone numbers to txt.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Check accounts and see if you are logged in. You might be disconnected. What about your status, are you "available"?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

jh20001

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Check accounts and see if you are logged in. You might be disconnected. What about your status, are you "available"?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Funny, I just found it and came back to respond when I saw your msg.

It appears that your status under the "me" hub defaults to offline when you first start using your WP8 device. I said to myself...I wonder if I turn that on, what would happen. *poof*....now everything is working. What a pain in the arse as that wasn't obvious at all. When enabling FB chat, it should pop up a notice asking if you want to make yourself available in order for it to work.

Thanks for jumping in with your comment because if I didn't find it myself, I would have found it as soon as I refreshed this page thanks to you :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6