Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Very noticeable improvement for me as well, especially on high detail objects like grass or hair. Very impressed that Nokia managed to get this out so quickly; hope to see some new comparisons with other phones, specifically the iPhone 5 now that the software has been updated.

One thing though that seems to still be a problem is the white balance, it constantly fluctuates between various temperatures. It's especially noticeable in video where the image seems to transition between warm and cold almost constantly (for me at least). Hopefully we'll see a fix for that as well here soon, although its not a huge deal for the time being.
    I Unquello likes this.

I have to agree. Update finished and the first thing I tested was the camera.

I am still seeing a significant difference between the preview right before the shot is 'processed' and the post processed shot. Considerable softening, but in hand held shots and stationary (tri-pod) shots.

The only real improvement I am seeing is the focus works much better when selecting a different focal point on the touchscreen. That works brilliantly now.

All the other improvements seem to be working properly. Wifi is staying on, performance improvements, too early to comment on battery performance, but all apps seem to be opening faster.

Maybe Nokia will push another update by itself for those whose algorithms did not take the adjustments?!!! Hopefully?!!! Please???!!!!!!

Well, something interesting just happened. I let my phone 'go to sleep' for a few minute, and then when I 'woke it up' I immediatly noticed the Wifi was not connected. Swiped the lock screen up, and watched as the Wifi symbol popped up greyed out, then reconnected to the network.

I thought the update was supposed to keep it connected.

Am I wrong?

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    If this is true than this is really disappointing. My wife's iPhone 4s is already sharper than my 920. I can't believe Nokia settled for such a negative in the camera. As you are looking through the view finder the the image is perfect but once you snap that picture it softens. There's already so many things wrong or negative about the l920 /win 8 the camera in the flagship phone was supposed to be a major selling point and competitor to the god phone but its not. Well in day light its not. win 8/ 920 launch and production has been nothing less that pathetic.

Anyone else noticing their auto-brightness pulsing from low to high? I just did the update and something is really weird. Going to restart the phone again but I doubt thats going to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by joshredraider View Post
    Well, something interesting just happened. I let my phone 'go to sleep' for a few minute, and then when I 'woke it up' I immediatly noticed the Wifi was not connected. Swiped the lock screen up, and watched as the Wifi symbol popped up greyed out, then reconnected to the network.

Am I wrong?
    It was fixed. Go to Settings, Wifi, then advanced. Then tell it to keep Wifi Connected. Not everyone wants Wifi always on. Uses more battery.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I have to agree. Update finished and the first thing I tested was the camera.

I am still seeing a significant difference between the preview right before the shot is 'processed' and the post processed shot. Considerable softening, but in hand held shots and stationary (tri-pod) shots.

The only real improvement I am seeing is the focus works much better when selecting a different focal point on the touchscreen. That works brilliantly now.

All the other improvements seem to be working properly. Wifi is staying on, performance improvements, too early to comment on battery performance, but all apps seem to be opening faster.

Maybe Nokia will push another update by itself for those whose algorithms did not take the adjustments?!!! Hopefully?!!! Please???!!!!!!

Weird but make sure you view the pictures on a pc after you take them. I still noticed that but viewing the pic on the pc shows the same pic as the preview shot and not the quick blurry one.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Just tried an outdoor (overcast) shot before and after the update of the same scene as best I could. After the update, the picture seems to be a bit brighter and I think a little bit sharper as a result, so there's definitely some change to the picture processing.

Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    As you are looking through the view finder the the image is perfect but once you snap that picture it softens.
    Like I wrote above, I don't think you should compare those two images. I believe the first image that you think is sharper is due to downsampling algorithm. It's not a bug.

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I noticed viewing the picture on the actual pc is much better then what shows on the phone after the picture is taken.

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    love the front camera and the new color balacing now. Those two are also very noticeable. But as others stated, let's hope it gets even better

Global Posts
    1,072 Global Posts
    So they released a big update to fix the camera and failed? Nice!

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    My FFC is littered with dust unfortunately...I don't think i will ever bother with it.

I see difference...I took about 250 pictures before and definitely noticed the softness with the outside pictures. I've only taken a few outside so far but already notice that annoying softness is gone.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    This is just dead wrong. My camera is worlds better after the update. I cannot stand when people blame companies for user error.

Am I wrong?
    you have to go into the advanced section and select keep wifi on when screen times out.

Global Posts
    2,285 Global Posts
    I agree. The camera is much, much, much better
    Thanked by:
    Maybe it's the sunlight settings that Nokia added? Try messing the extra Nokia display settings?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,285 Global Posts
    What happens when you switch from auto brightness?

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    I guess the before and after comparison pics from Daniel himself showing proof that the camera is noticeably sharper than before has no meaning for you?

If I turn auto off, it fixes the problem. What other Nokia Display settings are there? I turned off battery saver and that didn't help at all.

Now that you say this I did notice it a few times when first turning my phone on and bringing it up so I can read it. Then it slightly pulsates and stops.

Odd..

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I saw no diff in his pictures other than him cropping them.
    I think by looking at the pictures 100% it won't tell the whole story. The magnified crops are pretty convincing. And unless you have 2 Lumia phone with and without the update the difference may be hard to detect, especially if your only metric is examining them at 100%

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    I saw no diff in his pictures other than him cropping them.
    you need a new screen on whatever you used to see that........
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast