Portico Update Bug List

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Bad Bluetooth post Portico

I'm pairing my 920 with Nokia Play 360 speakers and playback is really bad. The audio sounds better (as far as quality), actually, but there are a lot of hesitations, then speed ups, pauses and drops. It was fine before (except for the pause when starting, which is worse now).
I would think the Nokia speakers would be trouble free.
Anyone out there having BT trouble post-update?

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Post Update - Brightness pulsates

I'm not sure I understand you guys. So you are saying when you are scrolling the start screen, they brightness of the screen changes for no reason? Haven't noticed that if so, but I do notice that if the phone goes into battery saver, the screen dims even more..
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Yeah, that's mor or less what's happening. I've got battery saver turned off for that very reason an that's the effect I get. I don't even really need to scroll and it will start dipping up and down for no reason. It's driving me knuts cause like it was mentioned earlier, before this update it was amazing.

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
After seeing your post, I paired my 920 up with my Play 360 speaker (I only have one). I'm streaming a Christmas mix from Nokia Music via WiFi. No problem here, no hesitation. I got the
Update about six hours ago.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, that's mor or less what's happening. I've got battery saver turned off for that very reason an that's the effect I get. I don't even really need to scroll and it will start dipping up and down for no reason. It's driving me knuts cause like it was mentioned earlier, before this update it was amazing.
Then I'm most certain I dont have the same problem...that sucks, maybe try a hard reset? Although if the problem spreads widely, a fix may come in days..But it sounds like a big mehhhh for normal use...

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just updated, and I see zero improvement in the camera

The comparison shots that Daniel posted show really obvious improvements. Anyone else complaining without anything to go by other than their word, I call BS and that goes for the OP. Anyone else that is thinking of complaining, do everyone (including Nokia) a favor and take a few outdoor daytime pics before your update then take those same pictures after the update. First person who does that, why don't you start a thread.

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bad Bluetooth post Portico

After seeing your post, I paired my 920 up with my Play 360 speaker (I only have one). I'm streaming a Christmas mix from Nokia Music via WiFi. No problem here, no hesitation. I got the
Update about six hours ago.

Thanks for checking. I'm playing music stored on my phone, so maybe that's a clue. I put the phone on the charging pad, thinking maybe it was power related. Still happening. Hmm.

By the way, aren't these Play 360s the greatest things ever? You gotta get another for the stereo. Totally worth it. I don't think the Play Ups are able to automatically pair for stereo.

zmqlumia900

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Out of focus photos after 12/19 update on L920

I was expecting to get sharper photos after the 12/19 update on my L920, instead I am experiencing out of focus or *really* out of focus photos. Anyone else seeing this?

same issue and also find the bad night shot now (more noise)

lottidah

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes I really wish I had splurged and gotten two of them when Amazon had the $99 deal going on! It's a great little speaker.

Sorry I'm not much help for your issue. I don't have any music stored locally. I'm always streaming (so far).

cruzcat

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Out of focus photos after 12/19 update on L920

I was expecting to get sharper photos after the 12/19 update on my L920, instead I am experiencing out of focus or *really* out of focus photos. Anyone else seeing this?
Check the photo settings to see if you are stuck at "Close-up" from the Scenes menu instead of Auto. That could probably make your pictures of distant objects out of focus. Shrug...

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bad Bluetooth post Portico

Yes I really wish I had splurged and gotten two of them when Amazon had the $99 deal going on! It's a great little speaker.

Sorry I'm not much help for your issue. I don't have any music stored locally. I'm always streaming (so far).

No, thanks for the data point. I'm sure others are going to have problems. We'll all figure it out together!

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you think they bumped down to jpeg processing from 90% to 95% ? (down because the higher the percentage, the lower the compression, better quality.. larger file) The only other reason would be if they are not filtering out as much noise as they did with the old algorithm..
I think it has to do with the noise aalgorithms. You can see more noise in the blue sky sample shots for the new firmware. Noise and sharpness will make for larger files.

I'll take noise any day over the overdone noise reduction.

masterfisherman

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just updated, and I see zero improvement in the camera

Very noticeable improvement for me as well, especially on high detail objects like grass or hair. Very impressed that Nokia managed to get this out so quickly; hope to see some new comparisons with other phones, specifically the iPhone 5 now that the software has been updated.

One thing though that seems to still be a problem is the white balance, it constantly fluctuates between various temperatures. It's especially noticeable in video where the image seems to transition between warm and cold almost constantly (for me at least). Hopefully we'll see a fix for that as well here soon, although its not a huge deal for the time being.

I think that happens when you have the settings on "auto"

jen35

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

I am also seeing this issue after the OS update , not always but sometimes brightness fluctuates from low to high and it's really annoying , hope they will send a fix soon.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Mine's been fine all day since the update, until I got home. Now I'm sitting in my chair - where the light is arguably not quite dim but not quite bright - and it's acting like it doesn't know what brightness setting it should be on. It doesn't go from dimmest to brightest, but it is kinda like... "ok, let's dim a little bit! no, wait, brighten up a tad! no, too bright, dim down some! Er, no, go bright!"

It's not happening very rapidly, maybe about every 10 seconds or so it changes a bit. Definitely new behavior, it didn't do this prior to the update. So they definitely changed something... which is odd, because I don't recall any reported problems related to auto-brightness which would require changes.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hey, interesting... I turned off all the options in display+touch (Touch sensitivity was already on normal, but I turned both Sunlight readability and Brightness with Battery Saver off) and it seems to have fixed the problem I described above. Weird.

Edit: er... I should probably state that I have an 820, not a 920. Didn't realize this was in the 920 forum, sorry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills