Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'm also seeing the auto brightness bug. I'll be reading something and the brightness will go up, then down, then back up. I don't ever remember experiencing this before the update today.

I agree with iamtim, it's like the phone can't decide which brightness setting to pick. I'm in a room that is dimly lit so maybe that has something to do with it. I also disabled the new "Brightness with Battery Saver" option but that doesn't seem to fix it.

Global Posts
    2,447 Global Posts
    I'm also experiencing the bright/dim bug. Seems like the light sensor is way too sensitive now.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Don't know if any of you is experiencing this. I have a rogers lumia 920, after the update, all my outgoing and incoming calls end exactly at 1 min. 35 sec., the screen displays call dropped. No idea why this is happening, wasn't like this before the update.

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Yeah, it seems to be doing that on my 920 as well, not often but every now and then it seems like it can't make up its mind on the brightness level, may have to disable auto brightness until they get that fixed, other than that I'm really liking the new updates

wifi is turned off by battery saver and cannot be turned back on while bs is active

Quote Originally Posted by Jake52 View Post
    I'm also seeing the auto brightness bug. I'll be reading something and the brightness will go up, then down, then back up. I don't ever remember experiencing this before the update today.

I agree with iamtim, it's like the phone can't decide which brightness setting to pick. I'm in a room that is dimly lit so maybe that has something to do with it. I also disabled the new "Brightness with Battery Saver" option but that doesn't seem to fix it.
    Whew...glad I'm not the only one. I'll hold off on a hard reset cause this has to be on their radar.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DynaDog View Post
    I'm pairing my 920 with Nokia Play 360 speakers and playback is really bad. The audio sounds better (as far as quality), actually, but there are a lot of hesitations, then speed ups, pauses and drops. It was fine before (except for the pause when starting, which is worse now).
    I would think the Nokia speakers would be trouble free.
    Anyone out there having BT trouble post-update?
    Paired to my Play360. Played music on phone as well as radio mix.....Play and sound are fine.

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Has anyone else noticed that with auto brightness bug, that if you turn off auto brightness that the brightness modes are WAY brighter than before, I just tried turning off auto brightness and setting to low and man was the screen bright, it seems to me that compared to before the update low now seems like the old med, med like the old bright and high is like blinding bright, and I mean blinding lol

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Surprise! It doesn't actually fix the freezing problem.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sym1a1a View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that with auto brightness bug, that if you turn off auto brightness that the brightness modes are WAY brighter than before, I just tried turning off auto brightness and setting to low and man was the screen bright, it seems to me that compared to before the update low now seems like the old med, med like the old bright and high is like blinding bright, and I mean blinding lol
    +1

I'm experiencing the auto brightness bug after updating today. Its really annoying and I'm sure its draining the battery. Hope this gets fixed asap.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Went from subpar battery life, about 12 hours on idle, to abysmal battery life. The battery drains 2-3% every ten minutes. My battery was fully charged at 8 PM, Its 12 AM now and I'm at 49%. With barely any use! Not loving Portico right now.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Yep. Brightness bug is a bummer.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I'm leaving my display set to low until the autobrightness bug is resolved. Can't read the screen otherwise....at least while in bed

two bugs i've noticed:

1. ever since updating, my 920 no longer will connect to my car bluetooth. Headset and bluetooth speaker connect fine. Car won't. No idea why.

2. i used Wiztiles to make a sweet-looking custom tile that linked to wp.m.maps.bing.com (or something like that) and this tile would instantly open bing maps. Now, since the update, this link is just a blank black page with a bing search box up top. i can't remember exactly how i set up that tile, but bottom line is it doesn't work. bummed.

After the Portico update I can no longer stream youtube videos, it tells me an error occurred. Metrotube is no better. I have some downloaded youtube videos on the Youtube Downloader app, and I can watch those, but when I try to download or stream any other videos it tells me "Suitable video format was not found." Any tips on how to get my video streaming capabilities back?!

Appreciate the help!

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Steiger View Post
    After the Portico update I can no longer stream youtube videos, it tells me an error occurred. Metrotube is no better. I have some downloaded youtube videos on the Youtube Downloader app, and I can watch those, but when I try to download or stream any other videos it tells me "Suitable video format was not found." Any tips on how to get my video streaming capabilities back?!

Appreciate the help!
    I believe that is due to Google changing something in their api's to break third party apps in general, not the portico update.
    Honestly, I set my brightness to Medium all the time. I don't like auto-adjust... ever. I've had the same complaint with the Titan, Lumia 900, and the 920 pre-Portico too. Come to think of it, every time I had a battery issue in the beginning, I had auto-adjust enabled. Since turning it off, I've never had a battery issue... not a miracle cure all, I'm sure, but something to consider.

Anyway, bugs... I still get a triple notification when I'm on a call and get an email or text. It always gives a double text ding followed by the actual notification... text/text/text or text/text/email. VERY annoying.

Also, I still can't play WAV files... this isn't a showstopper, but it's definitely the most irksome issue I have.

I'm not experiencing any other issues. Haven't tried any Bluetooth stuff yet, but considering that's one of the "fixes" I would expect it to be a LOT better.

I haven't read through 25 pages of posts, but are most people complaining about the brightness issue what's the official bug summary list at this point?

Yeah, this has nothing to do with Portico. Google made changes to stop 3rd party apps on youtube.

Where's this "Answer with a message" option when a call comes in? Both my wife's 920 and mine are still getting the old "Answer" and "Ignore" options. Went into settings to see if it needed to be set up and the Text Reply function is set to On.

wut up wit dat?

During the upgrade, I lost my ROWI tile from the Start Screen. Strange.

Battery drained before the end of the day, but I chalked it up to Bluetooth usage and the update being applied off power. I placed it on the wireless charger last night and thought it had started the power cycled but didn't check it closely. This morning, the phone's screen was pulsing slightly while on the charger, just enough so there was a slight glow. When I picked it up it was dead and wouldn't boot. Plugged it into the wall charger and it appeared to start charging normally. It's now been 30 minutes and I still have the flashing battery sign, but the phone will not boot.

I also upgraded my Wife's phone and she immediately started having the issue with the display brightness. Haven't checked her phone after charging yet.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Here is my list of bugs I have noticed:

1. Before the update, my area was just recently upgraded to LTE. I had a solid LTE connection for about 5 days before Portico. After the update, my phone switches between 4g and LTE constantly.
    2. The auto brightness bug people have been talking about. I sat on the living room floor and placed the phone on the floor after turning it on and I could see my screen's brightness "stutter step" down to a very dim setting, and then stutter step back up to a brighter setting. This was with NO smudges or anything on my ambient sensor and with the lights in the room not changing at all.
    3. Going to this website on my phone, if I read a thread and want to comment, I would tap in the reply window that would bring up the on screen keyboard on my phone. Now, when I try that, the keyboard slides up and then slides right back down...basically it just flashes briefly and then disappears again. I can't type anything at all.

After an 75 minutes, it was still showing as charging and never booted into Windows. I did the reset with the volume + power button and it finally started. Battery showed 9% charge. After another 10 minutes with charge is now 15%. Seems it wasn't charging very well in the off state.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by congusano View Post
    Here is my list of bugs I have noticed:

1. Before the update, my area was just recently upgraded to LTE. I had a solid LTE connection for about 5 days before Portico. After the update, my phone switches between 4g and LTE constantly.
    2. The auto brightness bug people have been talking about. I sat on the living room floor and placed the phone on the floor after turning it on and I could see my screen's brightness "stutter step" down to a very dim setting, and then stutter step back up to a brighter setting. This was with NO smudges or anything on my ambient sensor and with the lights in the room not changing at all.
    3. Going to this website on my phone, if I read a thread and want to comment, I would tap in the reply window that would bring up the on screen keyboard on my phone. Now, when I try that, the keyboard slides up and then slides right back down...basically it just flashes briefly and then disappears again. I can't type anything at all.
    Number 3 is happening to me as well.

I'm still getting the random shutoff that requires a hard reset. It only happens at night, but it's happened 3 times in the last 5 days.

Is some app causing the phone to shutdown or something? I've already removed all the apps that people said were causing problems.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast