Portico Update Bug List

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Out of focus photos after 12/19 update on L920

Just an FYI, the preview images on your phone aren't the actual images. Connect your phone or transfer the pics to a PC and there is a pretty good jump in clarity.

With that said, I am thinking the issue may be user-friendliness (although I still think Nokia can make them a teeny bit sharper). When I first took pics I was disappointed too, and I had to do some digging to see the difference. To the average user, it should be a simpler task to see the better quality in the images. Maybe Nokia just needs to fix the quality of the preview images shown on the phone?

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

But the preview images on the iPhone 5 and Galaxy SIII will be sharp and consumers will notice the difference.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

nope. put the phone in auto scene mode, or the correct scene mode, and tap the screen to pick the focus point. It's FAR better now.

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm also seeing the auto brightness bug. I'll be reading something and the brightness will go up, then down, then back up. I don't ever remember experiencing this before the update today.

I agree with iamtim, it's like the phone can't decide which brightness setting to pick. I'm in a room that is dimly lit so maybe that has something to do with it. I also disabled the new "Brightness with Battery Saver" option but that doesn't seem to fix it.

qwe123878

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if any of you is experiencing this. I have a rogers lumia 920, after the update, all my outgoing and incoming calls end exactly at 1 min. 35 sec., the screen displays call dropped. No idea why this is happening, wasn't like this before the update.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it seems to be doing that on my 920 as well, not often but every now and then it seems like it can't make up its mind on the brightness level, may have to disable auto brightness until they get that fixed, other than that I'm really liking the new updates

sjhippie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm also seeing the auto brightness bug. I'll be reading something and the brightness will go up, then down, then back up. I don't ever remember experiencing this before the update today.

I agree with iamtim, it's like the phone can't decide which brightness setting to pick. I'm in a room that is dimly lit so maybe that has something to do with it. I also disabled the new "Brightness with Battery Saver" option but that doesn't seem to fix it.

Whew...glad I'm not the only one. I'll hold off on a hard reset cause this has to be on their radar.

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm pairing my 920 with Nokia Play 360 speakers and playback is really bad. The audio sounds better (as far as quality), actually, but there are a lot of hesitations, then speed ups, pauses and drops. It was fine before (except for the pause when starting, which is worse now).
I would think the Nokia speakers would be trouble free.
Anyone out there having BT trouble post-update?

Paired to my Play360. Played music on phone as well as radio mix.....Play and sound are fine.

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that with auto brightness bug, that if you turn off auto brightness that the brightness modes are WAY brighter than before, I just tried turning off auto brightness and setting to low and man was the screen bright, it seems to me that compared to before the update low now seems like the old med, med like the old bright and high is like blinding bright, and I mean blinding lol

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that with auto brightness bug, that if you turn off auto brightness that the brightness modes are WAY brighter than before, I just tried turning off auto brightness and setting to low and man was the screen bright, it seems to me that compared to before the update low now seems like the old med, med like the old bright and high is like blinding bright, and I mean blinding lol

+1

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing the auto brightness bug after updating today. Its really annoying and I'm sure its draining the battery. Hope this gets fixed asap.

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Went from subpar battery life, about 12 hours on idle, to abysmal battery life. The battery drains 2-3% every ten minutes. My battery was fully charged at 8 PM, Its 12 AM now and I'm at 49%. With barely any use! Not loving Portico right now.

rareohs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
two bugs i've noticed:

1. ever since updating, my 920 no longer will connect to my car bluetooth. Headset and bluetooth speaker connect fine. Car won't. No idea why.

2. i used Wiztiles to make a sweet-looking custom tile that linked to wp.m.maps.bing.com (or something like that) and this tile would instantly open bing maps. Now, since the update, this link is just a blank black page with a bing search box up top. i can't remember exactly how i set up that tile, but bottom line is it doesn't work. bummed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3