Portico Update Bug List

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Seems to me the only thing that was fixed with this update was the camera. Everything else( Bluetooth, freezing) has got worse or still the same. This phone has so much potential but no one is going to take this phone seriously with all the bugs. Even after an update that's supposed to fix these issues users are still having problems. I'm in this for the long haul so I hope Nokia and Microsoft get this sorted.

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Guys after the update my phone started to grow appendages. It then proceeded to slap me jumped out of my hand and while walking away at a brisk pace flipped me the bird and said buy a Samsung!! Is this normal? Anybody else experience this? 👅

SilentZero

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Flash and autofocus completely stopped working. camera reset, soft reset, hard reset, deleting all flashlight apps, nothing fixes it. I'm about to just bring it in for repairs, this is getting annoying. Is there any way to downgrade?

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
battery draining faster than my previous 2 l920s i returned due to poor battery life. i finally got a perfect working phone with great battery life and they screwed it up with the update that was supposed to help battery usage. GG microsoft/nokia GG.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Brightness bug and an already terrible battery has gotten worse. I don't want to have to deal with an exchange.

My battery gets very warm while charging. Actually I can feel it get warm after a few minutes of internet browsing. Playing the new Perry game would keep me warm in the winter.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
WiFi gets randomly turned off by anything. The brightness is at high whenever the phone is turned on whether it's at low or medium.

pookiewood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing a weird bug: if the 920 loses it's connection to the cellular network, it's not always reconnecting. It takes a restart to get it back.

This didn't happen before the update. edit: This is on AT&T.

Only Post Portico issue I'm seeing as well. Everything else works liek it always has. Instead of restarting I put the phone in Airplane mode for a fedw seconds. I can usually reconnect after that.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Other than the brightness bug it's been nice and stable for me. I even had shockingly good battery performance since the update. I haven't tried the dark room calibration fix yet.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
anyone know how to get nokia "audio" in settings back up and running? i updated it but it broke the next day. i'd like to use the equalizer again.

JuneMono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Phone is getting hot, top half of phone and my camera flash no longer works. Tried to make flash come on with l.e.d. flashlight app, still no flash.

thoml67

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just updated, and I see zero improvement in the camera

The day after I got my 920 I got the update so I can't compare battery life however I do get the brightness pulsation issue, even after the "fix" suggested in this forum. The other issue happens when I am on a call. I put the phone to my face, it goes blank, like it's supposed to however when I pull it away, it stays blank. I cannot get the screen to come back on to switch screens or put it on speakerphone. I have to wait till the call ends then press the power button to get the screen to turn on.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Re: Just updated, and I see zero improvement in the camera

The day after I got my 920 I got the update so I can't compare battery life however I do get the brightness pulsation issue, even after the "fix" suggested in this forum. The other issue happens when I am on a call. I put the phone to my face, it goes blank, like it's supposed to however when I pull it away, it stays blank. I cannot get the screen to come back on to switch screens or put it on speakerphone. I have to wait till the call ends then press the power button to get the screen to turn on.

If you hit the power button the screen will come on

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The strange screen brightness behavior is the only thing out of the ordinary I've noticed. For now I've just turned off the automatic brightness control while I wait for a fix on that. Everything else is about the same. I was already getting good battery life and I still do. I didn't have any stability problems or any other odd behavior and I still don't. I have a control panel to keep wi-fi active when the phone is asleep now, which I will never use anyway. That's about it.

agentcyan

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My battery has gone worst after the Portico Update.. I had good 13-15 hour average battery life. Now its not even 9 hours.. Sometimes its just 6-7!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss