Portico Update Bug List

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The Portico Update is out today its time to get that bug list going. Post you issues and bugs in this thread. I will keep a running list.

• Out of focus photos
This is subjective some reporting great pictures others not. One thing is for sure pictures are better after the update

• Brightness pulsates
Possible fix:
Lumia 920s suffering from brightness bug with Portico update? Here's a possible fix. | Windows Phone Central

• Bad Bluetooth

Bluetooth issues are usually caused by Bluetooth being out of sync power down the Bluetooth and restart or re pair the devices.

• Device gets hot possible battery drain

This could be caused by applications funning in the background. Possible solutions check what apps are running close apps. Also power off device to stop apps from running. This can be caused by a known issue with Skype Beta and can only be stopped by uninstalling Skype and reinstall. More on Skype Beta issues:

Skype and the constant syncing problem on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

Last edited:

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Just updated, and I see zero improvement in the camera

I just took a variety of shots inside and out. The camera is still very soft. I see no improvement to speak of. My Inspire 4G is still much, much sharper. Bummer...

jimmyjunk30

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just updated, and I see zero improvement in the camera

I dont really notice a difference either. Ive only taken shots inside my office, so maybe it will be more noticeable outside or something?

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I've been taking closeups of my wall and the photos match my preview screen. Need more testing but hopeful!

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

It wasn't always obvious for everyone to begin with. You will see a lot of people saying they don't see any difference. Only certain shots viewed at certain zoom can show the difference.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I dont really notice a difference either. Ive only taken shots inside my office, so maybe it will be more noticeable outside or something?
I took a few shots outside too. Some at 20 feet, some at infinity, some in between. It just lacks sharpness. The color is great, and overall the camera is more than acceptable. It's a shame that they can't make the pictures crisper. Maybe with the f 2.0 lens, this is all we can expect. It's a give-and-take I guess...

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

It wasn't always obvious for everyone to begin with. You will see a lot of people saying they don't see any difference. Only certain shots viewed at certain zoom can show the difference.
I think that is right. I guess I was expecting too much. When I take a pic with my Inspire then zoom in all the way, at first it blurry, then is snaps into *crisp* focus. Same with my kids' iPhones. That sharpness/effect is just missing...

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I think that is right. I guess I was expecting too much. When I take a pic with my Inspire then zoom in all the way, at first it blurry, then is snaps into *crisp* focus. Same with my kids' iPhones. That sharpness/effect is just missing...

What update did you install?

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
For me, its already improved. Pre update, the preview screen would be great, however, after pressing the shutter, the image would suddenly become a bit blurry. That doesn't seem to be the case, right now.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

For me, its already improved. Pre update, the preview screen would be great, however, after pressing the shutter, the image would suddenly become a bit blurry. That doesn't seem to be the case, right now.

This...

+1

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

What update did you install?

AT&T And Rogers are pushing out the Windows 8 Phone update.

Also, back on topic, I've taken a couple pictures and they seem pretty good to me. I just remind myself that I bought a phone and not a camera when I see any flaws in the pictures.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Woo~ that sounds like goody, i hated that on my WP7 and was surprised they didn't fix it yet in WP8

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

Maybe my update didn't include the camera improvements. I just took a few shots of the pavement and I can see see the screen blur right after the image is captured.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I think people are putting too much weight on the preview image shown immediately after the shutter. I believe the reason it looks a bit sharper is because it didn't go through proper downscaling. If it uses the nearest-sample algorithm for downscaling (for faster rendering), it will give illusion of additional sharpness. For proper downscaling, one must use proper interpolation algorithm to avoid moire effects and also to reduce ISO noise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism