12-19-2012, 08:43 PM #1
- 17 Posts
I have the Nokia Lumia 920 with Rogers however my television service provider is Bell Satellite TV.
Because of this I cannot download the Bell TV apps for my PVR because I'm using a Rogers wireless device (despite paying for both).
If I unlock my 920 but continue to use it on Rogers, can I download the carrier locked apps for bell?
Any assistance on this topic would be beneficial.
12-19-2012, 10:15 PM #4
- 17 Posts
I want/need to stay on Rogers though. Although it looks like I could unlock it, put in a bell SIM card, download the apps then put my Rogers SIM card back in to continue using my service.
I don't see how the app could stop working after it is downloaded if it detects the Rogers network so this should work.
Thank you for the info! Very much appreciated.
12-20-2012, 01:38 PM #6
- 88 Posts
The store selects which operator section you see based on the SIM card. My completely unbranded and factory unlocked Lumia 710 & 920's both had the Orange Apps available because I have an Orange SIM.I didn't see any apps disappear when removing the SIM, although the Orange Selections section vanished, but I don't think they update without a valid SIM.
- By hardcoreplur in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 5Last Post: 12-02-2012, 12:50 AM
- By Leshrac7 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 5Last Post: 11-20-2012, 05:11 AM
- By theecosystem in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 11-12-2012, 09:24 PM
- By rakeshrai in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 13Last Post: 10-31-2012, 03:08 PM
- By Simon Tupper in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 23Last Post: 10-04-2012, 05:32 PM