Group together to request Portico on unbranded devices

liamjanin

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Think we need to put pressure on nokia and microsoft to relese the update for unbranded devices. I think everyone who paid hundreds more to get their device early and support nokia shouldnt have to deal with blurry christmas photos. At the very least we should get the nokia camera fix? So if you want, write on their facebook and twitter as I have, the more public the better.

liamjanin

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Posting on their facebook page is a good start. If they see a lot of people asking about this, maybe they will speed up or at least give us a more honest answer as to why we are waiting.

kbronctjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I flashed an orange_CH versi?n. It Works fine in spain with my carrier
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_345 using Board Express

harrytheweb

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I flashed an orange_CH versi?n. It Works fine in spain with my carrier
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_345 using Board Express
so you were not on orange before? Phone updated without losing anything? Does orange update have branding?

When the official and correct version comes out do yyou think we can flas over the top?

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
so you were not on orange before? Phone updated without losing anything? Does orange update have branding?

When the official and correct version comes out do yyou think we can flas over the top?

How would you know which firmware is the update and which one is the original?

kbronctjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I flashed it with the nokia care suite, so I lost everything, but it just took me a couple of minutes to reconfigure and reinstall.
It doesn't have branding, it only had an app, so I uninstalled it.
I'm not on orange.

You can flash the ROM that you want.

Also the rom I installed seems to be the retail version for Europe, beacuse the name of the ffu archive is:

RM821_1232.5951.1249.1003_RETAIL_eu_euro2_345_03_118252_prd_signed.ffu

The rom is RM-821_Orange_CH_VAR260471

It is only for black and white devices.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the point of this thread.

Do you honestly believe the update is going to skip your phones?

As with all the updates, they get sent out in phases, to locate problems before they send the update to every single person.

Just chill out and wait your turn. Can you imagine if 2 days before xmas, you get the update, and it $%%^s your phone up, and Microsoft/Nokia are down to minimal staff because everyone is on holiday.

generalsu

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I flashed it with the nokia care suite, so I lost everything, but it just took me a couple of minutes to reconfigure and reinstall.
It doesn't have branding, it only had an app, so I uninstalled it.
I'm not on orange.

You can flash the ROM that you want.

Also the rom I installed seems to be the retail version for Europe, beacuse the name of the ffu archive is:

RM821_1232.5951.1249.1003_RETAIL_eu_euro2_345_03_118252_prd_signed.ffu

The rom is RM-821_Orange_CH_VAR260471

It is only for black and white devices.

Did it work for you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans