AT&T Lumia 920 Not receiving texts

Shinigami26

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've had my lumia for a little over a week now, I fell in love with it, but now the issues have begun, I cannot receive any text messages, this started just two days ago, I've done everything from a soft to a hard reset all to no avail, spent countless hours on the phone with AT&T only to have them tell me that I should return the phone... I plan to call up best buy to start the process on friday. Anyone got any tips for me? honestly I may be whining but after this I want to get as far away from Nokia and WP8 as possible, I have never had this happen to me on any cellular device.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to send them? My messaging app a few weeks ago wouldn't let me send or receive texts, turns out it was Skype, uninstalling resolved issue. Since reinstalled and it works fine.

Shinigami26

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I can send yes, unfortunately I have been on the phone with AT&T for the better part of today, I reset the phone and wiped my data several times today, while they did all their trouble shooting etc. They recommended that I return the phone... I want to keep the lumia, but it's going to be nigh impossible for me to get another cyan one before this year is out... I've really enjoyed my WP8 experience as well as the Lumia hardware, I'd really like to keep the phone... but if i have to return it I'm probably going the nexus route, I know google won't let me down on the software front.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well hope you're not looking at a nexus 4, those are in even shorter supply than Lumias. Also if you are near a Microsoft store they often have cyan ones

dwhin

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I had this exact problem 3 weeks ago. Resetting didn't help.

It started on a Friday. Then 3 days later, my phone received all texts at once. The issue resolved itself, but ATT had sent me a replacement refrubed phone anyways

striker1064

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you have AT&T before you got the Lumia? If not, it could simply be the network. I had that problem a lot on a different network but it stopped once I signed on with AT&T.

Just a thought.

SARiggs1

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
My issue was with some iPhone users. Turned out I had iMessage turned on on both my old iPhone and my iPad. I put them on Wifi networks, turned off iMessage and texts are now being received from other iPhone users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3