Not sure if I can wait until February for my Portico update

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
It's not because I am impatient. It's because of what I had expected from Nokia and any other phone provider. Isn't it widely known that unbranded phones get their updates first, since they are "pure"? How come it takes longer for an update to arrive on a pure un-modified phone? I don't get that.

And since when is the U.S. more important than the rest of the world? (No offense intended - I am thinking in terms of population count)

I would be okay with a week delay. Or maybe two. But why is this delay even here to begin with, and why with that insane duration? It's crazy.

I hope the rumors of the RM-821 going up on the servers right now are true.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully it does not come that late, but if it does i'll understand if you jumped ship. I believe the US gets more attention with these things because US spends more money than any other country.

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I believe the US gets more attention with these things because US spends more money than any other country.

That's a pretty okay theory, but unless you have something to back it up, I will still assume that the rest of the world spends more money than the U.S. in that case.

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
No... It's exactly because you're impatient...

So to you it's perfectly fine to not have an explanation? Wouldn't you be interested in knowing why an update that requires way more testing and approval for a branded, unpure device comes before an update for a pure, unbranded device?

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
So to you it's perfectly fine to not have an explanation? Wouldn't you be interested in knowing why an update that requires way more testing and approval for a branded, unpure device comes before an update for a pure, unbranded device?

Money talks.

Saint Michael

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
americans genrerly have less money, I live in freakin' norway, our wealth per citizan eats the americans for breakfest.

and arnt the finish people getting anything til feb either?

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
and arnt the finish people getting anything til feb either?

Finnish people are not getting anything either until Feb.
I promise myself that if I'm not getting the update before the end of the year, I'll never, ever buy another Nokia product, EVER.
And Mr. Elop: you are not welcome here in Finland. You are free to take Nokia with you to where you're from and nobody will shed a single drop of tear!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Finnish people are not getting anything either until Feb.
I promise myself that if I'm not getting the update before the end of the year, I'll never, ever buy another Nokia product, EVER.
And Mr. Elop: you are not welcome here in Finland. You are free to take Nokia with you to where you're from and nobody will shed a single drop of tear!

Bye now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12