Screen Resolution washed out in direct sunlight

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I did not notice this before, but when direct sunlight hits the light sensor, my screen resolution tries to change on the auto feature and it looks completely washed out. Does anyone else noticed this? or is just on my phone.

As soon as my device is moved into a shade, it adjusts back to normal crisp resolution.

I have my device set to Auto Brightness.

Adlai91

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It fixes itself after 3-4 seconds when I check my phone in sunlight..yeah it looks washed out but fixes it pretty quickly

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine it feels like the color blows out. The tiles look like they're bleeding a little outside their edges. Is that what you're talking about? Just figured it was bumping up contrast, etc. to make it as legible as possible.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
In direct sunlight, I could barely see the screen of my iphone, so I am glad that this phone does whatever it needs to in order for me to see it in the sunlight.

drknkboot

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I actually think that sunlight readability is one of the best features of this phone. It prevents glare in direct sunlight, which helps a lot. I remember that when trying to use previous phones in sunlight, it was near impossible to see anything. I had to use my other hand to try and block the sunlight so that I can see the screen. I just don't see this feature as a negative!

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yep, it's normal. The phone kicks into super bright mode which blows out the colors, its a compromise so that you can actually see the screen in direct sun light, cool feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05