People Complaining about the Camera

gerbilly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have taken a few with this phone now and I think they are of a better standard than my old Sony Xperia S (12MP) and my old I Phone 4S.

Ok I am no David Bailey and like most I dont take professional photos, however they are still very good (esp with low light).

If not happy I suggest buy a proper camera and use that.

As a phone I really enjoy using this OS it is simple and clear and still interesting to use.

However what do I know?:sweaty:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The 920 did have a legitimate softness problem that Nokia did fix. However, as much as I love taking pics with my phone, I'm also aware that cheaper point-and-shoots can outpace some of the best camera phones.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The 920 did have a legitimate softness problem that Nokia did fix. However, as much as I love taking pics with my phone, I'm also aware that cheaper point-and-shoots can outpace some of the best camera phones.
I am just curious .. which cheaper P&S and camera phones did you have in mind ? There aren't that many proper "camera phones" out there really...I wouldn't consider the 920/iPhone 5/GS3/Xperia S, etc. camera phones, but they still outperform a lot of the low end P&S cameras out there.. granted, not in flash photography, but in daylight.. I think they are more than sufficient.

Nokia pretty much destroyed the term "camera phone" in 2010 with the N8... it was a proper smartphone, with an amazing camera.. so I think now days we can talk about smartphone-cameras, not camera phones.

The camera phone days were back in the SE W810, K850, Pixon 12 days... and maybe some of the older Symiban based ones, but they still performed most of the smart functions we are accustomed to today.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember the model name off hand but I recently purchased a Canon that takes great photos for $250. You're right, it may not be the N8 or 808 killer but it does a great job against the recent crop of smartphones.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
oh ya.. for $250 you could probably get a pretty decent P&S.. they have been coming down in price quite a bit this year, and they have to... their sales are not going to get any better considering the imaging push in the mobile phone industry.

Now the question is.. do you get a $250 P&S or do you get a $200 N8 from amazon.. which is also e smartphone, and even if you don't use as your daily, its a great back up.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
oh ya.. for $250 you could probably get a pretty decent P&S.. they have been coming down in price quite a bit this year, and they have to... their sales are not going to get any better considering the imaging push in the mobile phone industry.

Now the question is.. do you get a $250 P&S or do you get a $200 N8 from amazon.. which is also e smartphone, and even if you don't use as your daily, its a great back up.

Neither. You spend a little more and get the 808. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire