- 12-20-2012, 05:37 PM #1
I wanted to ask others their experience with Lumia 920 (Rogers version) with LTE Service.
I have LTE service with Telus in the area where I live. I get excellent LTE service with my Samsung Galaxy sIII.
The LTE service with the Lumia 920 does not seem as good, Galaxy always seem to have LTE, Lumia reverts back to 4G much of the time.
I have settings set to LTE
Is there a better radio that could be flashed for the Lumia 920, Rogers uses Band 4 (AWS 1700) for their LTE the same as Telus?
Is there a setting in the phone is "tune" the radio to work better with Telus LTE service?
Is this something I need to "suck it up" since it is a unlocked phone?
12-21-2012, 12:43 AM #2
- 88 Posts
Mine is a Rogers unit, still locked to Rogers. The signal strength is considerably less than my old BB Torch. With the BB I had full 3G everywhere in my house, including the basement. With L920, I only get 2 or 3 bars, whether I am on LTE or manually force it to 3G. In the basement, it can completely loose the signal.
Sometimes when I place a call, it can take 30 seconds on the "Dialing..." screen, before I actually hear the phone at the other end ring.
I guess the radio is not that good, but not sure if i can be tweaked by the user.
- By snailium in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 17Last Post: 08-04-2013, 02:12 PM
- By tomcahill in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 24Last Post: 02-01-2013, 10:18 AM
- By Abhishek M in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 11-27-2012, 04:41 AM
- By sajus in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-17-2012, 05:08 AM
- By z33dev33l in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 4Last Post: 04-14-2012, 11:34 AM