Happy with my Lumia 920

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 920 since November 9th. I have to admit, I really like this phone. I did not create this thread to complain. I created it to simply say that I am happy with my choice. :)

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 920 since November 9th. I have to admit, I really like this phone. I did not create this thread to complain. I created it to simply say that I am happy with my choice. :)

WHAT????? how dare you post such an inflammatory statement, filled with positive up beat feelings about what clearly is such an inferior product, I have a good mind to turn you in to the forum police and have you stripped of all apps and forced to walk the hall of shame, I hope you get with the program here bud in case you haven't noticed that's NOT what these forums are for. LOL

I'm with you, I love my 920 and could not be happier with the choice I made, thanks for the ray of sunshine in what's has become a somewhat gloomy place at times

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I love mine! I was just thinking that I might stop reading this forum because every time I look it is just someone else complaining about their phone or what MS/Nokia should be doing. Then I saw this post, maybe I'll stick around a while
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I became a huge fan of Nokia because of this phone. I get somewhat suboptimal battery life on some days, but overall I'm a very happy camper. Everything is fast, stable, and just beautiful. I am not a form over function guy, but iphone looks dinky and outdated, Android HWs and UI are fugly to my eyes. Sorry, that's the way they look after using my 920. And there's really no substitute for 920's camera at the moment. They really blew the competition out of the water with the OIS. That means a lot to me because I like taking photos and videos.

zombiegrrl86

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm also extremely happy with my Lumia. This is probably the happiest I've been with a phone since I got my first smart phone. Sure, I wish the app market was better, but it'll happen soon enough.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
We are fortunate to have several quality choices in Windows Phones. I really like my 920 but there are times I kinda wish they stuck with the Lumia 900 footprint. Either that or tapered the corners like we have on the 900.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Davey, most of the continually whining posters here are the same people and probably a few of the same with different logins. Pretty easy to spot and have the same MO.

1. Say they want to give WP a chance as they are bored with [iOS, Android].
  2. Tried WP but it sucks as it can't do (insert trivial OS-specific crap here)
  3. Going back to [iOS, Android] as they realize WP isn't finished (even though they admitted their original mobile OS sucked and their original OS lacked many features)

Personally, I am happy to give advice and help others out. Many of the people on this forum know WP8 is the best mobile OS there is; and we're happy to help others understand its benefits. But if you're here to whine over silly stuff, just go and grab the mobile phone that works the best for you. Life is too short to be miserable over something as trivial as what phone you want to use.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, we need more threads like this. Every phone has its up and downs but overall I am VERY happy with Lumia 920, not much to complain about it at all. Simply the best smartphone I've laid hands on.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The phone and os is fantastic imo! To be honest the app store is quite impressive you just have to dig deep to find them little gem's that tend to be hidden away. The games are good but will soon get alot better from what ive read.

Great things are on their way for this os and developers who have decided to pull their support will regret it and the developers who are not on board yet should join the queue :)

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

Im having my yellow one since 2 weeks now and oh boy I Love it. I would marry my Lumia 920 if I could have sex with it

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I was just sitting here at work kinda bored, waiting for the day to end so I can go on vacation, and I started really thinking about how nice its been with the 920. I have never felt this....calm....with any other phone, even the Lumia 900. Everything works as it should, the build quality is great, and I'm REALLY digging all the updates and choices WP8 is bringing.

Its the little things that make me smile. When I'm driving and I get a text and it reads it aloud to me. Not only that, it transcribes what I say perfectly....EVERY time. How the little face on the text message guy goes from "hey I'm happy to let you know you got a text" to "oh my god you have fifteen unread texts my jaw is dropping".

Its the perfect phone, and the perfect UI, for a minimalist. I think that's why some people don't get it, or don't like it. They are the people who like gaudy jewelry or cars with big booming sound systems and giant rims. I'm happy with my 920 because it looks clean, well conceived, and just....works. I'm over the iOS "skeuomorphism" crap (textures everywhere.....ugh) and the Android "you can put a widget....ON TOP of another widget" uselessness.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo