Best weather app?

thebone73

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
none of these has a realistic HD tiles like the htc has in android , i realy miss that , the one that amazing weather has looks horrible IMO !
any Idea !!?

my live tile shows a HD tile as opposed to a solid color. it is set in the live tile options. I use Weather Flow.

thebone73

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I picked Amazing Weather and WeatherLive over Weather Flow. Tried all three. I really need to eaisly see the daily chance of rain percentage. Amazing Weather shows this on their live tiles. Weather Flow does not. I picked WeatherLive at the same time as the live tile had more information. Currently on WP8 I am just using Amazing Weather. I do wish I could customize the tile myself though.

I use Weather Flow and the live tile has many options. I currently have the % chance of rain on my live tile along with 5 day forecast, and what some are calling a HD tile (as opposed to a solid color metro tile). I also have my lock screen set to current conditions with the hourly forecast.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I am still going to say Weather Flow even though I haven't purchased it yet. The fact that it provides an amazing home screen with weather info. and the 3 sizing livetiles are just amazing.
View attachment 25274 View attachment 25275

So the two weather app that I use right now are Weather Flow (purchasing tomorrow), and AAA Weather, the hourly weather tiles are created by it. (they need to up the resolution though)

What's the calendar app you're using to get the month view?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I use Weather Flow and the live tile has many options. I currently have the % chance of rain on my live tile along with 5 day forecast, and what some are calling a HD tile (as opposed to a solid color metro tile). I also have my lock screen set to current conditions with the hourly forecast.

From all of the screenshots for Weather Flow, I do not see that is shows the rain percentage for each of the five extended days on the live tile or lockscreen. Amazing Weather does this for me, and is one of the reasons I picked it.

Ekin Koc

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I had Weather Flow for a while but it keeps missing updates on Live Tile and the Lock Screen. It refreshes when I open the app, sometimes keeps refreshing each hour (I set it to hourly) sometimes skips refreshes. Installed Amazing Weather HD, works just fine. Has no lockscreen support but I don't think it'll be long before it gets that.

I have a tiny complaint :) Amazing weather live tile has some image compression artefacts. It's like it's composing a JPEG image for the tile and that shows around the text. Not a big deal though.

glimited

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Just purchased Weather Flow for the lock screen integration - it's nice to get a quick glance at the upcoming weather. But when I want more detailed info I also have Weather Channel since it's more accurate for my area.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Amazing weather was causing massive battery drain after the update so I will try weather flow. The weather channel is meh. It works but not high resolution

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Aaaaand weather flow is causing the same drain :/ Eurgh. I really love this app but damn, why is it draining my phone so much?

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I picked Amazing Weather and WeatherLive over Weather Flow. Tried all three. I really need to eaisly see the daily chance of rain percentage. Amazing Weather shows this on their live tiles. Weather Flow does not. I picked WeatherLive at the same time as the live tile had more information. Currently on WP8 I am just using Amazing Weather. I do wish I could customize the tile myself though.
it actually shows the chances of rain on the live tile now😊
Sent from Lumia 920

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
From all of the screenshots for Weather Flow, I do not see that is shows the rain percentage for each of the five extended days on the live tile or lockscreen. Amazing Weather does this for me, and is one of the reasons I picked it.
I asure you weather flow shows that in the double side medium tile at least. The pic indeed doesn't show this, maybe it's because they updated the actually tile but left the instrbehinductions
Sent from Lumia 920

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I asure you weather flow shows that in the double side medium tile at least. The pic indeed doesn't show this, maybe it's because they updated the actually tile but left the instrbehinductions
Sent from Lumia 920

I just did the trial again. The double wide tile does not have the next 5 days rain percentage on there. Amazing weather does. Thanks.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I actually Like the weather app the most. once inside of the app, I believe it gives you the most information.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05