Trying the 8x...

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I really liked everything about my 920. I'll miss it. Even though I recently complained here about the camera sharpness post-update, I ultimate found after some further experimentation that the camera was terrific. I liked the feel in the hand, the screen size, and the truly awesome battery life.

That said, I left for the 8x.

My 920 started getting a bunch of dust in the front camera, and I just didn't want to deal with that. I debated a warranty exchange, but figured I'd most likely get another one that was the same way. So, back it went, and in its place is a blue 16gb 8x.

There is one thing (and it may be the only thing) that the 8x does better than the 920, in my opinion, is audio. Even though I'm no spring chicken, I do enjoy listening to my music fairly loud. The 8x is louder (and more effortless sounding) at a volume of 18 than the 920 is at 30. I'm not sure which device has more accurate or purer sound, but to me the 8x is not only louder, but better. This is very noticable difference between two. I understand the 8x has an additional amp, so this is not surprising I suppose.

Overall quality looks to be great on the 8x as well, although I would give the edge to the Lumia in that department...

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Guessing it's a choice between Beats Audio or Pureview Camera...both are great Windows Phones so there's really not a bad choice between the two.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I went the same direction as you, and don't regret it (although the 920 was nicer than I thought it would be, and I'd still have it today if not for the dust-o-rama issue).

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The 8X is a really beautiful device, I love the California blue color! It would have been a no brainer for me if it wasn't for that 16 GB of storage, since it's available on T-Mobile and I could more easily get one. But the 32 GB of storage and all the extra goodies that came with the Lumia won me over.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The ffc on the 8x is also great, although I don't usually use the ffc...that said, I actually like dobly on 920 more than beats..920s sound performance with headphone on is really enjoyable ay least for me
Sent from Lumia 920

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The form factor of the 8x is nice, but I will take the gorgeous 920 screen, Nokia software, 920 camera, more memory, and Nokia support. After 2 years of my daughter suffering with an HTC Freestyle that they just refused to fix the messaging issues on, despite it being a known issue, I just do not feel comfortable that HTC will be there to support their other phones like I believe Nokia will. I am sure it is a nice phone, but they lost me as a customer due to their inability or unwillingness to address a major issue on the Freestyle. And we were not along. Every person my daughter talked with who had the Freestyle had the same message issues that drove them crazy. None of them ever got it fixed.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
unazuquq.jpg

7yty8u5u.jpg

After this...if I had the money, 8X would b mine too...ive seen it once and its mind blowing.
Nothing beats HTC when it comes to design...

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

JamesTBurns

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It seems that the tech media is pushing the idea that the 8X is the premiere WP8 phone (man that Lumia 920 is just too heavy, the 8X just feels so great in my hand, etc), which I think is ridiculous. For me it was get a 920 or stay iPhone, and I'm not regretting the choice to get the 920. No navigation on the 8X-WTF? The Nokia exclusives, the amazing camera, and the look and feel that all high end Lumias have makes it a no brainer, IMO. I don't know if I can call myself a WP ****** yet, but I am certainly a Lumia 920 ******.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have navigation on my 8X, too, and the light weight makes it more pocketable and usable, especially when typing out a few sentences. But to each his own.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss