Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gedmurphy

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem with there's. If i'm on the phone with someone I cant access my screen (it just stays black, but I can still talk fine and once im off the line with whoever everything goes back to normal.) An example is I was calling the doctors office today and it says press 1 to do this and press 2 to do that. But since my screen wouldnt come on when I took my phone away from my ear or when i pressed the power on button I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even end the call because I couldnt access my screen. However sometimes it will come on for a second or two but just randomly. I hope I explained this right where everyone can understand and hope someone has a solution. Thanks

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    ya. U have to blow into the ear piece towards the sensor and around there. There could be dust or something blocking the sensor. I had to do it twice to get the phone working properly when on phone.

Awesome, thank you so much. I love this phone and I got so worried there was something wrong with it. Thanks again

common fault, it seems about 50% of 920's have this problem. I'm surprised WPCentral haven't done an article on it yet.
    Blowing only works for so long. I've had my 920 for 2 months now and it's so full of dust that blowing no longer works and I permanently have no access to the phone during calls / notifications.

Swap the phone ASAP while you still can, or get an 8X instead
    camilo897 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gedmurphy View Post
    common fault, it seems about 50% of 920's have this problem. I'm surprised WPCentral haven't done an article on it yet.
    Blowing only works for so long. I've had my 920 for 2 months now and it's so full of dust that blowing no longer works and I permanently have no access to the phone during calls / notifications.

Swap the phone ASAP while you still can, or get an 8X instead
    +100
    Sent from my smart computer.

I got a new one because of this....

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    My first L920 did the same thing. My second one is good so far.