After reset, no sound made when phone removed from charger

Kooosh

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this peculiarity? Not a big deal, just weird.

Edit: for clarity's sake, I'm saying this is now a permanent condition on the phone.

Last edited:

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, same thing here. Did a reset and now that you mentioned it, the ridiculous sound no longer occurs when removing the phone from a charger (or charging pad).

marveldave

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It did happen to me too, but on the third day, the sound came back. Not sure what happened, but I think it was after I installed those updates in the setting, such as extras+info, network+, etc.

Kooosh

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate the confirmation that it's not abnormal. I have a couple questions for you guys:

1) Did you guys do your resets post-Portico update? If so, were you reset with the Portico update included? In other words, you didn't have to run the update after the reset, correct? I didn't.
2) @marveldave: I noticed that I don't have some of the latest settings updates from Nokia, such as the update for display+plus that came a couple days ago, and probably some others. How long after you reset did you get these updates?

Thanks guys.

njblackberry

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I did the Portico update as soon as it was available (battery life went south) and I did the reset the following day.
When it came back after the reset (which was problematic), the OS version was 10211.204, which is Portico. I have not gotten any additional updates since then.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I did the Portico update on the day it was released, and it stopped making noise when I put it on or took it off the charger. It also stopped buzzing when I held the camera button to go into camera mode. A day or two later after Nokia's updates, all of that came back.

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The "Disconnect" from charging sound was not there when the phone originally came out it was enabled by one of the updates Nokia pushed out afterward. If you are not getting the sound after resetting the phone it will return after you get pushed the latest updates from Nokia through the marketplace. As Kooosh said above .. it returned after he/she installed the Nokia updates it will for you as well after you update.
newfiend~

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yep; got seven updates about an hour ago. The disconnect tone is back.
AT LEAST MAKE IT OPTIONAL.
I don't mind the disconnect tone really. at least I know that the phone "knows" it is no longer wirelessly charging. I do agree though that this may irritate some people and it should be made optional.
newfiend~

marveldave

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Appreciate the confirmation that it's not abnormal. I have a couple questions for you guys:

1) Did you guys do your resets post-Portico update? If so, were you reset with the Portico update included? In other words, you didn't have to run the update after the reset, correct? I didn't.
2) @marveldave: I noticed that I don't have some of the latest settings updates from Nokia, such as the update for display+plus that came a couple days ago, and probably some others. How long after you reset did you get these updates?

Thanks guys.

About two days I think. What exactly happened is I received my replacement phone from ATT on Wednesday (I guess you can consider this the same scenario as "hard reset") and it had no sound when the phone removed from charger. On Friday I started receiving those small updates in the Settings and after I installed those updates, I noticed that my phone made sound after I removed the phone from charger. (I installed Portico later on Friday night, and sound was still there)

fauxfreshness

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
The sound is SO obnoxious and irritating that I reset my phone just to stop hearing it. I have 5 Nokia updates lying in wait until I see the network+ one get updated (a testing group I was with narrowed it to that as well). I normally have my phones on vibrate unless I'm expecting a call, and the chime thing is ridiculous when at an office. It's just a bug where that one chime (that we know of) isn't honoring the vibrate-only setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon