Why No spotify app?

ricosuavee4

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I dont wanna download music from my cp to my nokia, and the nokia music app doesn't do it for me, plays same songs over and over. I want Spotify.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Search... Spotify is working on an app, it isn't out yet. If you haven't signed up for Xbox music pass you can get a free trial.

cgold1

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Spotify had a wp7 app, but is was rather buggy. It won't install on wp8 due to screen resolution (you can Bing search on the phone for Spotify and it comes up but won't install).
Spotify says they are working on a new, and hopefully better, version of the app for wp8 rather then fixing the older app for whatever reason. Its slates to release sometime in 2013 so it will be a while.
Xbox music pass could work if you are willing to commit only to Microsoft products, there is no way to use it on Mac, Android, IOS, or UNIX, whereas Spotify is platform agnostic.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
There was a Spotify app for WP7, however it's one of the few apps where Microsoft gave the developer access to native code to write it, ostensibly to make it work better or to access some feature of the OS that it needed. As a result though, the app is not compatible with WP8 since it's a re-write of the OS with a different kernel and new features. Spotify says they are working on a new and improved Spotify app for WP8 though, so I'm sure that will be along in a few months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb