- 12-22-2012, 09:22 AM #1
I have recently moved to Windows Phone 8 from WebOS and have a few questions regarding the Applications and Customization in Phone.
These questions may have been asked in past but I was not able to find them.
1. Is there any Call Recording Software for WP8, if yes does it works on Lumia 920?
2. Are there any Community Based Apps For WP / WP8 and can we install them, WebOS we have many Apps that are developed by individuals and we can use PreWare to download them?
3. Are there any Customization Patches like to enable Wifi / Bluetooth / Etc in 1 touch and not by going through setting everytime?
4. Any alternate market apart from Windows Phone Market
5. Any customization for buttons and or functions in App like Email / SMS / ETC
6. Calender for Tile with Month View.
12-22-2012, 09:34 AM #2
- 682 Posts
I believe the answer is no to all of those. Except call forwarding, I thought that was dependent on carrier.
Welcome to Windows Phone, it may be a bit frustrating and disappointing at times as I'm sure you are finding out already.
WP OS is a very locked down OS where MS locks down alot of things, preventing devs from giving us more goodness.
- 12-22-2012, 11:23 AM #3
There are a few third-party apps that let you pin tiles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc. (WP Shortcut Tiles | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) It's not exactly one-touch, they just take you directly to the specific setting page where you can turn it on or off.
- 12-22-2012, 11:44 AM #4
You lose a lot of that stuff you mentioned on WebOS going to Windows Phone 8. The problem is you are moving away from a heavier dev supported community to one that has to work within the confines of Windows Phone and the limitations therein. Curious, what made you take the plunge from WebOS to Windows Phone?
- 12-22-2012, 05:27 PM #5
My veer started auto formatting itself from past 2 - 3 Months.
It autoformats itself randomly every few days.
Veer has a small battery and it went smaller by 75% due to wear and tear and gives me hardly a 4 - 6 hrs backup on data, with hardly 2 - 3 calls.
I have a Galaxy S, HTC One S but gave it to my brother as I dint like android compared to webOS.
Dont like iPhone as well, for some reason its too much overpriced for an ugly interface.
I wanted a sturdy phone with wireless charging (WebOS Made Me Lazy ) and Lumia 920 looked like the best option.
I then checked the Calendar and Email Client of Windows Phone 7.5 and liked the look and feel for the same, seriously speaking those are my primary functions.
I did like Windows Phone 8 but still nothing beats webOS, if HP would have not shut its division, I would have loved to stay with webOS.
- 12-22-2012, 05:31 PM #6
Its ok, I understand every OS works differently, webOS was a highly customizable OS with limited apps for the same reason as it was confined by HP and Developers never got the codes they are looking for.
BTW I was looking for a Call Recorder App, not the Call Forwarder I think you misunderstood.
I never had that app in webOS due to the limitations HP had put on code availability.
It would just have been a good add on to have such an app.
I wont Whine if we dont have it,
I think this topic could be closed.
- 12-22-2012, 06:45 PM #7
There are several former webOS users here. I agree, if HP hadn't screwed up and continued the support, I would still be there. I really wanted the Pre3. I still have two Touchpad here in the house. WP is as close to webOS as we're going to get. I think the more WP8 is developed the better it will get. There will be a few differences between the two os', just be open-minded about it.
New to Windows Phone, came from IOS. Have a few questions that I haven't been able to figure out yetBy laity78 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 17Last Post: 12-05-2012, 12:02 PM
- By greenwoodma in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2012, 08:24 AM
- By rodrigoyoshida in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
- By CSI Guy in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 04-02-2012, 09:36 AM
- By zhelf in forum HTC SurroundReplies: 4Last Post: 12-26-2010, 06:07 PM