Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pankaj981

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Is there a way to unlock the lumia 920 to be used with Verizon?
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1man View Post
    Is there a way to unlock the lumia 920 to be used with Verizon?
    No. VZW uses a different LTE frequency and CDMA. The Lumia 920 does not support VZW's LTE frequency nor CDMA.

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Thanks. Well that's a bummer. I was gonna buy a Lumia to switch to Verizon guess not now lol

Global Posts
    3,210 Global Posts
    You could buy a 920 unlocked and use it on T-Mobile. The only bad part is that you may only get edge speeds. The other options is to buy a Lumia 920 and use it on at&t. If you have LTE, it is lightning fast!
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Well I'm under contract with Verizon for two years bc I just bought an 8x but id like to have a yellow 920. I called Nokia and they said I could use it on Verizon but at&t would have to sell it to me then unlock it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1man View Post
    Well I'm under contract with Verizon for two years bc I just bought an 8x but id like to have a yellow 920. I called Nokia and they said I could use it on Verizon but at&t would have to sell it to me then unlock it.
    The Nokia Lumia 920, whether branded to AT&T or any other carrier, cannot be used on VZW's network.

I actually just talked to a Nokia rep via chat who said that 4G access would be 'limited' but indicated that it would be possible.
    Why wouldn't it be able to? it uses the lte 700mhz radio. And i believe that is what the galaxy nexus also uses... theoretically it could.

I have an unlocked lumia 920 that is branded AT&T.

I've successfully used it on T-mobile.
    If I had a Verizon Sim Card to put in it, would that work?

I'm seeing conflicting posts, so has anyone successfully used this phone on Verizon's network?
    A Verizon SIM won't work in any unlocked phones from AT&T or T-Mobile, period...but it would work the other way round. Unlocked phones from AT&T or T-Mobile are GSM only while Verizon phone are CDMA/GSM and GSM unlocked so all GSM SIMs would work for voice and texting. Options for Verizon users are limited to Verizon phones only.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts
    Why not buy the Lumina 928 instead?