Bricked developers conference device

jrjr488

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My 920 form the MS developer conference went into a reset and is now stuck at the Nokia screen. I've tried a number of things without success. I can get to the lightening bolt/cog screen by soft resetting and then holding volume up but it's frozen there as well. Anyone have any suggestion for me? Thanks for any help in advance.

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I flashed it with the latest firmware for att since there is no where I can find the exact firmware for dev version 920,which is rm-820-nam-Canada -246. By the way, I tried Rogers firmware first but failed. Nokia care suite says it's incompatible with the device.

jrjr488

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I flashed it with the latest firmware for att since there is no where I can find the exact firmware for dev version 920,which is rm-820-nam-Canada -246. By the way, I tried Rogers firmware first but failed. Nokia care suite says it's incompatible with the device.

The problem is I'm with t mobile and I'll lose data if I flash the ATT software. I tried to flash the Rogers firmware and it failed. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help.

andraeseus

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
WOW. first let me start by saying sorry. I can only imagine the fustration. 2. I can not help. I am totally clueless on options for this device. Three if you get it fixed please let us know in case one day I find myself in the same position. I am on TMO also and I hope I don't run in to this problem. So far the volume rocker and lock button pressed for about 10 seconds has worked every time the phone froze or got stuck. I would go ape kaka if that didn't work one day because i paid so much for this thing. Maybe nokia can help with getting a copy of the firmware. Good luck. Oh yeah, can you tell me what you were doing when it happened so I know NOT to do that:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Sure but flash it with what firmware? if I flash ATT its locked and I won't have data. I'm a t mobile customer.

Can u explain what are you losing here apart from the phone contents? Also does the device say ATT on it anywhere? If not can you tell what Model is it? RM-XXX?

hfcas

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Flashing a wrong firmware will brick your phone, not sim lock it as you are thinking. ATT firmware is junk, try flashing the unbranded firmware from Navifirm

As I can tell, currently there's no unbranded firmware for RM-820. I guess we can't flash it with RM-821 firmware, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb