04-04-2013 11:24 PM
- My 920 form the MS developer conference went into a reset and is now stuck at the Nokia screen. I've tried a number of things without success. I can get to the lightening bolt/cog screen by soft resetting and then holding volume up but it's frozen there as well. Anyone have any suggestion for me? Thanks for any help in advance.12-23-2012 01:12 AM
- Same thing happened to me. I flashed it with the latest firmware for att since there is no where I can find the exact firmware for dev version 920,which is rm-820-nam-Canada -246. By the way, I tried Rogers firmware first but failed. Nokia care suite says it's incompatible with the device.12-23-2012 02:37 AM
- Same thing happened to me. I flashed it with the latest firmware for att since there is no where I can find the exact firmware for dev version 920,which is rm-820-nam-Canada -246. By the way, I tried Rogers firmware first but failed. Nokia care suite says it's incompatible with the device.12-23-2012 03:01 AM
- WOW. first let me start by saying sorry. I can only imagine the fustration. 2. I can not help. I am totally clueless on options for this device. Three if you get it fixed please let us know in case one day I find myself in the same position. I am on TMO also and I hope I don't run in to this problem. So far the volume rocker and lock button pressed for about 10 seconds has worked every time the phone froze or got stuck. I would go ape kaka if that didn't work one day because i paid so much for this thing. Maybe nokia can help with getting a copy of the firmware. Good luck. Oh yeah, can you tell me what you were doing when it happened so I know NOT to do that:12-23-2012 04:17 AM
- 12-23-2012 09:05 AM
- 12-23-2012 09:56 AM
- 12-23-2012 10:02 AM
- 12-23-2012 10:16 AM
- 12-23-2012 10:22 AM
- 01-01-2013 11:00 AM
- 01-01-2013 11:43 AM
- Did anyone with the Build version of the phone ever get the original firmware?
My Build phone has been flaky for the last few weeks, I bricked my phone by a hard reset (against better judgement)
I managed to get my phone working with the AT&T firmware despite I am using a T-mobile SIM.
All of restore of Nokia apps from SkyDrive is failing. I don't think I can get the AT&T apps to work either since I am not a member.
Let me know if someone managed to get the original firmware (or dev firmware with the working reset function)
TIA02-26-2013 12:17 AM
- For the last couple of weeks I have been messing around with my phone; flashing with different versions of firmware, resetting from software & hardware.
Here is my findings:
- it is pretty easy to brick pre-Portico version of this phone. Since Portico does not seem to be available for the BUILD phone, you are likely to get stuck with "reset your phone" option in the About Settings.
- just because the phone is stuck in the spinning gear screen for a long time (more than an hour) does not mean the phone is completely bricked. I have seen posts where removing the SIM card or hard reset through button combo fixed the phone. In retrospect, I should have read through the posts to try this before I slammed the ATT firmware on the phone.
- The original BUILD firmware is nowhere to be found. Some people have managed to get a replacement BUILD phone, but it took like 2 months to get a new phone back. Emailing the Nokia CEO may help.
- There are tools like NaviFarm & NCS to flash firmware back on the phone to unbrick it. Thanks to itxjobe & XDA-dev.
I have tried both AT&T & Rogers firmware. I even tried RM-821 dev firmware. I eventually settled on the Rogers Portico version. The version I have is indeed branded with Rogers, but I figured it is the closest version to the BUILD version (canada_200 vs canada_246) I am hoping I would get GDR2 update with this firmware, if not I can look for another version.
Please correct any mis-info.
TIA03-10-2013 09:41 PM
- By 3DPiper in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 07-26-2011, 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD